Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Quanum Nova, Better alternative to DJI ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by akonisiya, Sep 4, 2014.

1. akonisiya

2. jasonb777

Looks good but It reeks of clone. I have owned a few clones of other brands in the past and had good results,some not so, but you get what you pay for.

3. N017RW

I am no industry expert by a loooooong shot, but...

The Phantom's form factor is fairly optimized for it purpose and target market. I would expect many to look very similar.

Also, DJI is enjoying the current relatively few amount of competitors so they can charge a premium.

The FC is something DJI is good at and may be the go-to standard for the serious hobbyist and part-time pro within the GoPro's level of video quality. This may be the weak link for wanna-be competitors and it may take long for the others to catch-up or even surpass DJI's FC technology. Who knows?

I know I'm no trail-blazer when I say this is just the beginning of 'clones' or other similar RTF multi-rotor offerings.

Interesting to see what else comes out before the annual Christmas/Chanukah sales season.

4. Lowepg

Wait,,,what?!?!!?

You mean they MIGHT be marking up stuff like that battery just a bit?

:)

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Please be sure to post in the correct location. I moved this from 'News' for you. ;)

6. witold

There's a good half a dozen competitors to P2. They all look good... on paper...

Some of them even work well in reality. But it's very hit or miss. I got one of these clones, see what a great deal I got for $260 and 6 weeks of waiting for shipping from China:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxp414vdc04[/youtube]

If you fly it by itself or with a cheapie Mobius, maybe it's worth it. But if you're going to put a $200 gimbal, $400 gopro, $250 FPV, and whatever else on it, there is one thing that Phantom gives you in heaps: predictability and reliability. You know what to expect.