Quality ND Filters

I'm personally not a fan of slip over type filters like Snake River's, with these type I've had some weird reflection / refraction issues. It's best to get a screw on type, get rid of the extra weight of the OEM filter + get better optics. I use the Polar Pro almost exclusively now. Phantom 3 Accessories

Reactions: Cale262
And the two filters - ND4 and PL1 - are not very useful. Only the ND8 is. So I think it is a poor value filter pack.

I have this same Polar Pro filter pack and agree - I only use the ND8

I actually talked to PolarPro at CES about the addition of that "ridge ring" they have on the filters making the outside diameter larger than stock... rendering other brand gimbal locks and lens covers un-usable. Instead of accepting feedback they seamed a bit put off and said there was no other better filter out there.... LOL...

I have this same Polar Pro filter pack and agree - I only use the ND8

I actually talked to PolarPro at CES about the addition of that "ridge ring" they have on the filters making the outside diameter larger than stock... rendering other brand gimbal locks and lens covers un-usable. Instead of accepting feedback they seamed a bit put off and said there was no other better filter out there.... LOL...
I think the ND4 is my least used of the bunch. I do use the PL1 when flying around water, knocks down the glare. But yes, the ND8 is my go-to.

Have read a lot of good things about polarpro's glass. Have a 6 filter kit on the way - hoping it meets expectations. It isn't cheap but I prefer glass to gel and like that they thread on.

DJI Phantom 3 Professional Filter 6-Pack

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have these and am very happy.

I Purchased the Neewer filters, they are threaded with an internal o-ring and not much heavier than the stock lens cover...I really need to purchase a scale. I haven't been using any counter weight with them and the gimbal is working well as far as I can tell, no extra heat or noticeable negative affects. I bought the four pack which included a UV, CPL, ND16 and an ND2-400 fader. Newer also offers a colour pack which includes orange, blue and an ND8, I may pick it up as well.

Neewer® for DJI Phantom 3 Advanced/Phantom 3 Professional, Multi-coated 4 Pieces Fliters: UV Filter+CPL Filter+ND16 Filter+ND Fader Adjustable Filter ND2-ND400, NOT for DJI Phantom 3 Standard: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo

Neewer® for DJI Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced Graduated Lens Filter Set 3 Pieces: Graduated ND8 Filter, Orange Filter and Blue Filter Not for DJI Phantom 3 Standard: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo

12588C30-F8D3-4B77-B364-DF66106B7AC3_zpsk1tv7ect.jpg

AE40603D-17BD-4235-B186-67CA2D17446E_zpsjswvhy83.jpg

No fingerprints on my awesome Taco-RC NDs. Easy to keep clean following those instructions. No counterweights, easy on-off, nice case, great quality/value all-around. Using the ND-8 most often.

Reactions: m0j0
And the two filters - ND4 and PL1 - are not very useful. Only the ND8 is. So I think it is a poor value filter pack.
Wrong lens kit. I go the ND4, ND8, and ND16. ND 16 works quite well in snow/sunny conditions. I have not used ND4 yet. Circular polarizer for video is useless. For photos it may come in handy, but again I did not get that kit.

Wrong lens kit. I go the ND4, ND8, and ND16. ND 16 works quite well in snow/sunny conditions. I have not used ND4 yet. Circular polarizer for video is useless. For photos it may come in handy, but again I did not get that kit.
It's not wrong, it's just not a very useful pack for aerial videography.

I personally also own the 4-pack Taco RC filters. Mine is clean and so far mainly using ND8 an ND16.

I (think I) noticed that most of the "phantom pilots" members are using polar pro filters. I will soon purchase some nd filters and I was wondering what's the best value/quality for money. I was thinking to try dji's nd and I can't find any review on the Internet. Any suggestions in the dilemma between dji and polar pro? Thanks!

Reactions: RayH
Hi, I have just ordered the DJI ND8 and ND16 filters but not many people are talking about them which worries me a bit. I will be buying an ND 32 filter as well from someone else as DJI don't do a 32. Any advice welcome.

I (think I) noticed that most of the "phantom pilots" members are using polar pro filters. I will soon purchase some nd filters and I was wondering what's the best value/quality for money. I was thinking to try dji's nd and I can't find any review on the Internet. Any suggestions in the dilemma between dji and polar pro? Thanks!
get the rainbowers kit, it is the best you can buy and has everything you will need plus you can use 2 filters at the same time such as an nd filter plus a graduated nd filter

Reactions: Jeff48920
Hi, every single filter is checked before shipping to customers. Here is tip to help you clean your filter:
  • Use high-quality disposable lens tissues.
  • Make sure the glass surface has no dust or grit on it.
  • Take a lens tissue, fold it once or twice (depending on size), gently(don't push too much pressure to the glass) wipe with the tissue in a circular pattern starting from the center and moving out to the edge.
Using the standard fabric "lens cleaning cloths" with any liquid is not recommended because dust and grid can become trapped in the fibers and damage the lens or filter on subsequent uses.

If every filter is checked before shipping then why all the filters had fingerprints. It seems assembly is done by bare hands.

Cleaning of filters or lenses is not that easy as narrated above, needs expert hands. I have dumped these taco RC filters now.

I have the polar pro 3 piece set. It works but have two issues.. The CPL that it came with had dried glue marks on the lens that won't come off so it's basically useless. The ND4 and ND8 filters were fine. The filters worked well but seemed a little heavy as the gimbal would immediately go nose down with any of the filters.
The solution? Don't use them. I saw that DJI makes their own filters, so I ordered an ND8 and an ND16 from DJI and am happy.. They are good quality and work great. They match the P3P camera perfectly and most importantly, they really don't seem to be any heavier than the stock UV filter that comes on the P3P as the gimbal balances perfectly with them on.. I haven't seen this with any other filter, it's great that they don't stress the gimbal with extra weight..

I have the polar pro 3 piece set. It works but have two issues.. The CPL that it came with had dried glue marks on the lens that won't come off so it's basically useless. The ND4 and ND8 filters were fine. The filters worked well but seemed a little heavy as the gimbal would immediately go nose down with any of the filters.
The solution? Don't use them. I saw that DJI makes their own filters, so I ordered an ND8 and an ND16 from DJI and am happy.. They are good quality and work great. They match the P3P camera perfectly and most importantly, they really don't seem to be any heavier than the stock UV filter that comes on the P3P as the gimbal balances perfectly with them on.. I haven't seen this with any other filter, it's great that they don't stress the gimbal with extra weight..

That is good that you can use them without stressing them gimbal and maybe they will be ok for 99% of us but for the minority that wants to get the most out of their photos and videos and has not made the leap to the inspire 1 with an x5 camera yet, the rainbowers set is hands down the best. They are heavy but the camera can be balanced and there is no observable additional stress placed on the motors when balanced correctly.

I am interested in the rainbowers kit, it is comprehensive and is obviously the most professional kit for the Phantom.. But in the video he shows that his filters are heavy.. He put 15 grams on the back of the camera and another 5 grams on the side.. This is in addition to the extra weight of multiple filters at once. He claims that this doesn't stress the gimbal motors but I wouldn't be so sure. I would love to see some real life reviews of the kit, with all the options it has no doubt a professional would produce some amazing images and video.. But the weight issue bothers me somewhat

I am interested in the rainbowers kit, it is comprehensive and is obviously the most professional kit for the Phantom.. But in the video he shows that his filters are heavy.. He put 15 grams on the back of the camera and another 5 grams on the side.. This is in addition to the extra weight of multiple filters at once. He claims that this doesn't stress the gimbal motors but I wouldn't be so sure. I would love to see some real life reviews of the kit, with all the options it has no doubt a professional would produce some amazing images and video.. But the weight issue bothers me somewhat

See post 249 for ordering instructions, you can find many users of that kit here:
The professional filter set for the Phantom 3

I've just purchased the DJI Brand ND4, ND8 and ND16 filters from Microcenter. No counterweight needed as they are the same weight as the stock UV filter.

I find the CP filter very helpful in sun and especially over snow or water. The sky looks very natural and the clouds have better definition. Video and stills both benefit from a good CP filter.

Here's a quick video I took using the SRP ND8 CP filter. Please note, this was a simple cut edit with no color correction.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

has anyone tried the rainbowers filters?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers