Quality control

Reaction score
First post

First quad

Last night I purchase a p3adv from a local photography shop.

Allowed the batteries to charge overnight. When I got home for lunch today I decided to update the firmware.

Prior to updating firmware I wanted to see the RC connect to the quad. Using an iPad Air.

Control connected just fine but I got the dreaded connection lost for the video, no control over the camera at all. No image either.

Downloaded latest firmware for the quad but it didn't even recognize the sd card. No blinking light on the camera... Nothing.

Tried older firmware versions with same result. Concluded something was definitely wrong with the camera.

Took the unit back, tech at the shop confirmed and said they were sending it back to dji for repair.

They grabbed a new one for me, I had my iPad and asked if we could test there on the spot.

Handheld remote DEAD. Stood there for 30 minutes to see if it would start charging. Not a thing.

So they grabbed another one. Powered it up and gimbal was lame, would not hold camera in position. No resistance on the motors at all.

So now they grab a 4th unit. Perfect! Works as expected.

Glad I insisted we test at the shop, hopefully this was an anonimly because 1 out of 4 is pretty bad odds when it comes to qc.

Reactions: Reed L
Made in China rings any bells?
A lot of people have MAJOR problems, Mine is grounded...:(

Poor QC!

Unfortunately, QC at DJI leaves a lot to be desired. I'm in the process of sending back a second P3S within the last 2 weeks of initial purchase. First one had an intermittent Compass Stuck error prior to taking off. The second one has a weak RC signal as shown on the DJI Go app, with only 3-4 bars out of 5, when the RC and P3S are right next to one another. Same thing regardless of where I try it.

I talked to support on both issues and after offering multiple suggestions, all of which were tried, they said I should send the units back for an exchange. Guess DJI will learn the hard way that they need to do a better job with Quality Control. They need to focus more on quality, or at least find a better balance between quality and quantity.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31