Quality any good?

Reaction score
d46c9f1c47b4178de5e45afe7664f2cf.jpg

What do you all think looks blurry to me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What were your settings?

Yes removed plastic. Settings were just standard + raw I let it hover for a few moments and there was no wind.

It looks blurry to me.
Did you get these right off the memory card?

These are from the Dji go app saved to my camera roll

Look at the images on the SD card in the aircraft. These are the (~1/4 resolution) 960x720 downrez'd images that the mobile device pulls back as previews. The full resolution images on the SD card are 4000x3000.

Yes the images are soft. However, the shots look like it is from motion blur. I mentioned this in another thread as well. This platform for shooting photos is not ideal. Regardless on how little wind there is, you will have motion. These cameras are 12MP on very small sensors. Any slight motion will be obvious.

The point is you need to compensate for the motion. In the case of this camera, that means higher shutter speeds than what you would use for video. A photo with 1/60 to 1/120 of a second shutter speed will simply be too slow. I'd be going to 1/500 at minimum. 1/1000 would be better.

So getting back to these photos, I would never use "standard" to capture the photos. This is simply adding compression at the cost of quality. Shoot in RAW and highest JPG you can. If you can process the DNG RAW file, then convert to JPG then you are going to get the best quality.

Getting back to the questions asked.... What were the settings?

Shutter Speed?
ISO?
Filter on the camera?

I'll assume this shot came from a resize of the standard JPG. If so, did you sharpen the shot at all? How did you resize?

Yes the images are soft. However, the shots look like it is from motion blur. I mentioned this in another thread as well. This platform for shooting photos is not ideal. Regardless on how little wind there is, you will have motion. These cameras are 12MP on very small sensors. Any slight motion will be obvious.

The point is you need to compensate for the motion. In the case of this camera, that means higher shutter speeds than what you would use for video. A photo with 1/60 to 1/120 of a second shutter speed will simply be too slow. I'd be going to 1/500 at minimum. 1/1000 would be better.

So getting back to these photos, I would never use "standard" to capture the photos. This is simply adding compression at the cost of quality. Shoot in RAW and highest JPG you can. If you can process the DNG RAW file, then convert to JPG then you are going to get the best quality.

Getting back to the questions asked.... What were the settings?

Shutter Speed?
ISO?
Filter on the camera?

I'll assume this shot came from a resize of the standard JPG. If so, did you sharpen the shot at all? How did you resize?

We need to see the real ones from the drone SD card. Hopefully containing EXIF INFO info as well. Were you using touch screen to set exposure/focus points or just letting the camera do its thing?

We need to see the real ones from the drone SD card. Hopefully containing EXIF INFO info as well. Were you using touch screen to set exposure/focus points or just letting the camera do its thing?

Good idea....

Articandy.... If you place the JPG shot directly from the camera and post it, we will be able to see all the info. The EXIF data was stripped from the photos you uploaded.

BTW... Just to clarify... There is no focus on the Phantom 3 Pro cameras. They are fixed focus cameras just like a GoPro would be. The point selection on the DJI Go App is simply to allow you to select what is being metered for exposure. For example, if you want to meter the landscape vs. the sky or an object instead of the background. Etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic