Quadcopters accepted in Cuba

Reaction score
Hi,

I know U.S. Citizens can't go to Cuba, but maybe someone can direct me in the right direction. Can we bring them to Cuba??
I know we can't bring any GPS devices that can give you directions, including smartphones, but is there a law against UAV's?

I'm asking lots of questions, and I got lots more, but boy did I learn a bundle in the last few days since finding this site!!

Thanks

Smart phones are banned in Cuba? Maybe I can threaten my wife we are moving there if she doesn't put her **** phone down during our next dinner date. :twisted:

ericdes said:
Hi,

I know U.S. Citizens can't go to Cuba, but maybe someone can direct me in the right direction. Can we bring them to Cuba??
I know we can't bring any GPS devices that can give you directions, including smartphones, but is there a law against UAV's?

I'm asking lots of questions, and I got lots more, but boy did I learn a bundle in the last few days since finding this site!!

Thanks

I think you should double check your information. U.S. citizens can go to Cuba. It used to be if you don't want to fly through Jamaica or Canada, you needed to say you're on a religious trip or something equally unverifiable to get on a direct flight but now under Obama's rules you don't even need to do that. Smartphones including those with GPS, not a problem.

As for your Phantom, meh, I wouldn't do it. You're going to be in customs for hours explaining yourself. And maybe its still too soon for Americans flying through Cuban airspace taking pictures. Mostly because the last time that happened, it nearly caused World War III.

I am Canadian so I didn't really dig in the US ban to be honest.

I just can't find info for a quadcopter and filming, though last time I went there border patrol wasn't a very comfortable place to be in, so unless I get a firm yes with documentation somewhere, I probably won't bother.

ericdes said:
Hi,

Thanks

I wouldn't do it. I admit that the pictures and footage from there would look magnificent but not the best place to fly in with a drone as a luggage

ericdes said:
I am Canadian so I didn't really dig in the US ban to be honest.

I just can't find info for a quadcopter and filming, though last time I went there border patrol wasn't a very comfortable place to be in, so unless I get a firm yes with documentation somewhere, I probably won't bother.

Remember, it is a Communist country that is still wary of Western influences. If I had to guess, you'll get a whole bunch of grief for it. Worse still, you could get in trouble or have it confiscated. Maybe a little bit of an extreme example, but a filmmaker friend of mine was arrested and accused of being a spy in Venezuela shortly after the elections last year just for interviewing people with a video camera. He was imprisoned for 6 weeks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1