Quadcopter Propellers

Reaction score
Hi. So I'm just trying to increase my knowledge about quads. Do propellers, in this case a Phantom, have to be perfectly on the same level with each other horizontally? I mean I guess YES that would be ideal, but what about if there are slight variations (1-3 degree tilt)? Would it affect the flight ability of any quad, even when it has Intelligent settings? Thanks

ThePhantom said:
Hi. So I'm just trying to increase my knowledge about quads. Do propellers, in this case a Phantom, have to be perfectly on the same level with each other horizontally? I mean I guess YES that would be ideal, but what about if there are slight variations (1-3 degree tilt)? Would it affect the flight ability of any quad, even when it has Intelligent settings? Thanks
The props should be balanced and on the same plane. But that is the perfect configuration and every multicopter I've seen just comes close. You wouldn't see a prop that's off-plane by a couple of degrees unless you go looking for it and it won't affect your flight that you would notice. So, in the example of one prop off-plane, the controller will spin it a bit faster to make up for the tiny off-plane thrust vector and you could lose a few seconds of endurance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31