Quad down ( not again I hear you say)

Reaction score
Yep she went down again, this time was purely GPS related, the last thing that Litchi stated was warning no sats locked.

I had flown 2 batteries on this its inaugural flight since the last crash and I was feeling confident all would be OK

But on the third battery and only after 5 minutes in the air the sats disappeared and the quad took off, ATTI was no help so a CSC was done.

Quads recovered, mud covered, slight twist on the top case but otherwise intact.

Battery had ejected on landing but seems ok.

Why would it be fine and then just lose all sat count?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep she went down again, this time was purely GPS related, the last thing that Litchi stated was warning no sats locked.

I had flown 2 batteries on this its inaugural flight since the last crash and I was feeling confident all would be OK

But on the third battery and only after 5 minutes in the air the sats disappeared and the quad took off, ATTI was no help so a CSC was done.

Quads recovered, mud covered, slight twist on the top case but otherwise intact.

Battery had ejected on landing but seems ok.

Why would it be fine and then just lose all sat count?

maybe a small crack in a trace or the gps antenna ceramic from first crash, finally vibrated loose and then no gps to drone..
open it up and check under top cover for damaged antenna

Maybe it had something to do with that new GPS puck you just put in crash . I've never seen one like that .
Why ATTI didn't work I only know I had that happen one time and it was because I had messed up my compass
by moving my tracker and not redoing a compass cal . Hate it crashed on you again buddy .

Maybe it had something to do with that new GPS puck you just put in crash . I've never seen one like that .
Why ATTI didn't work I only know I had that happen one time and it was because I had messed up my compass
by moving my tracker and not redoing a compass cal . Hate it crashed on you again buddy .

Dam i did move the tracker as I had originally mounted it on the compass side and had an issue with the compass, I moved it to the other side and didn't do the compass dance.

Would a compass issue cause the quad to go nuts as seen in this video watch the sat count fluctuate wildly just as the quad turns right and starts going down.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't say for sure there crash but did have one as I was watching
just lose everything and take off on me. No control at all. Found it about 1mile away where it went down and I had just relocated my tracker from another location. I knew to recalibrate when you moved anything around the compass but forgot to do it.

Looks like you lost a prop at 52 secs

nope all props were on, when i retrieved it from the field, im going with Dirks suggestion of not doing a compass cal when i moved the tracker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers