quad bike,I can't see it working to well

To whom are you addressing this? Making the comment on the guys YT channel may be a bit more appropriate, mes thinks.

The Wright brothers were a lost cause.....
Hey when I win the lotto next week I'm buying one :)

It's also hard to tell what they're actually trying to get to market. First they're talking about the full-sized bike, but then they start talking about the scale model as if IT'S the product (folds down to fit in a bag, LEDs embedded in the prop guards, so easy to fly a 6 year old girl can do it). Dunno.

I probably wouldn't buy a full-sized bike. Not only would the stability be an issue, like steve said, but also the liability.

Yes, and when he grabbed it out of the air I shuddered a little, he is asking for money, I'm not an engineer but it comes to the old adage "looks like, smells like a duck" thing it may well quack lol

I think the reason I posted this here was it was a quad type and may have been of small interest to some, he is also local so I may even give him a visit, but I doubt it.

I want one!
I even liked the idea of a folding Quadcopter. I travel with my P2V+ and even though I fit it into a standard backpack, having it fold would be even better!

At least for the full size version, no GPS tracker required. If it does a flyaway you will know where it lands.

PhantomPhreak said:
At least for the full size version, no GPS tracker required. If it does a flyaway you will know where it lands.

why would it fly away?? gps isn't going to be in control. i want one. what a full size may need is a built in sonar/radar so height can be controlled automatically and bypassed if necessary. i might be tempted to use 10 little motors with props at eact end of the 'bike'. like 2 hexacopters superimposed so the middle 2 props are part of each hex. no part prop over part prop action then. but maybe 2 big motors is more efficient than 10 little?? in the event of a failure i'd rather crash land with a lot of small folding props than 4 big solid ones!! the model looked nice though, at a guess technically not much more than a stretched phantom with some pretty lights??? speaking of which it would be nice if models had the same lighting arrangements as full size so red and green = left and right rather than front and rear, so confusing to begin with ;)
it is a catch 22 on width though, if you want it slim so it looks more bike like proportionally, you loose stabillity?? maybe having the props above you instead of under you would help with that?

Ummm... there would have to be GPS involved to provide station keeping... otherwise riding one would be well above the average human's ability. Think about it... you don't want any Tom, **** or Harry to have to try to keep this thing within a car lane.

But... glad you mentioned efficiency... given the size of the area where, presumably, the battery will go, this thing is going to have less than a 10 minute flight time.

ProfessorStein said:
I wouldn't MIND one of the scale models... if one were to fall in my lap. ;-)

+1...
The model looks pretty cool. But I think it translates to full scale about as well as a P2V would... :D

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
The Wright brothers were a lost cause.....
Hey when I win the lotto next week I'm buying one :)

You may find yourself at the chimneys Mal :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20