QR code missing!

Reaction score
I bought a new Phantom 2 drone, through Amazon, camera and Wi-Fi extender I bought after, now trying to establish system "iPhone- camera Hero 3, through with DJI Vision", but I miss the QR code for a drone, How to solve the problem?
thank you

I bought a new Phantom 2 drone, through Amazon, camera and Wi-Fi extender I bought after, now trying to establish system "iPhone- camera Hero 3, through with DJI Vision", but I miss the QR code for a drone, How to solve the problem?
thank you
Where's the box it came in ? That's where the QR code is !

On my box there is no QR code, also is not on the drone! Because i ask how to read the mac address!
Thanks for help, I'm new to the forum!

Try the Google link in my signature, it may help you out.

Welcome to the party :D

On my box there is no QR code, also is not on the drone! Because i ask how to read the mac address!
Thanks for help, I'm new to the forum!
Welcome to the forum ! I misread to start with your question ! The extender works with a P2V not the P2 !
What the app is asking you for you would have to have A P2V .

Lets start over.

You have a P2, the control frequency is 2.4, is it not?
The GoPro WiFi is on the same frequency, 2.4.
If you use the WiFi from the GoPro while you are flying the Phantom, you will get undesirable results. I don't know what it will do, but I guarantee you, it will suck big time.

You believe that I took the wrong model, right cannot be upgraded or something?
Thanks Guys!

You believe that I took the wrong model, right cannot be upgraded or something?
Thanks Guys!
Not saying you got the wrong model but you got something you didn't need the extender for . The P2V has a camera already under it with FPV .
The P2 is made to put say a gopro under it and then ya have to add the FPV . I know nothing about that model and not sure what you thought you were getting .
Maybe someone that knows about what you do have will come along and help you .

Sorry me of no help to you buddy and am looking if someone is online that can .If no one comes along shortly just look back later and check . Good luck .

For P2 and GoPro Hero 3 camera you have to have gimbal, preferably Zenmuse H3-3D. No WiFi extender is necessary and there is no Smartphone application to pilot P2. All of that is true unless you have P2V, but that is another story.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have a gimbal, I see all use the extender, because the Phantom 2 has a large range !, do not understand? What's P2V?

blank stare.png

I realize it can all be very confusing. I provided you with a search link, it works well.

Here is a thread which should confirm what I have told you.
It should also make it clear why it is important to know exactly what equipment you have.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/model-confusions.35099/

So, did you buy a P2 Vision, or were you just trying to use the Vision APP on a P2 with a GoPro?

Last edited:
Flip the phantom over and take a photo of the information tab on belly. This will tell us what model you have.

thank you

It sounds very much like you have the standard Phantom 2 (not the vision model with built in camera), hence you added a camera (GoPro H3) - so you don't need the Range Extender as this is for the Phantom 2 Vision (P2V).So return it or re-sell it...

For FPV of the go pro video image you CANNOT use the onboard GoPro Wi-Fi system. It uses the same frequency and the radio controller and WILL results in a crash!! (I think I made that clear enough?)
So make sure the wi-fi on the GoPro is always turned off when you are using it on the Phantom.

You will need to use a separate analogue (NOT Wi-Fi) video transmitter - Take a look in the FPV section of this forum for more details on which one... and before you ask, you can't use a phone or a tablet to watch the video feed. You will need an additional analogue FPV receiver/monitor combo...

Send those pics....

Thanks for the explanation Team Yankee and others
It is true, I have Phantom 2 system with gimbal, and I bought an additional WiFi extender and Hero 3 camera, but I did not know the details. It seems to me that it is best to try to replace Phantom 3 for newer generation of the Phantom, what do you think? (if I can?? warranty?? , I bought on Amazon a month and a half ago)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl