[Q] DBSMod's Modified ITE-DBS01 or Itelite's ITE-DBS01_v.1?

I'm curious about the differences as well. It would appear the mounting brackets are the big differences between the two. DBS's kit only has the one mount that clamps around the metal bracket where Itelite's appears to have two brackets, one on each side. Have you made your purchase yet? Which way are you leaning?

I ended up getting the ITELite ITE-DBS01_V.1, here are some pictures of what comes with it (since I couldn't find anything other than the one picture on their website when I was researching it).

nmq9Ezg.jpg
Z0tM2HN.jpg

I ended up making my own mounting bracket so I could mess with the angle of the antenna, the one that comes in the kit is a fixed angle.

Ak0x9dH.jpg
2dIPtHc.jpg

Warning tag on the antenna says "Irreversible damage to the controller may occur if powered on with no antenna attached". With that, I'm surprised I've seen no one mention picking up a few SMA 50 ohm terminators to put on the transmitter SMA antenna outputs in the off chance you remove the antenna cables either for storage or otherwise. There is always the possibility of inadvertent powering on of the controller. Just a little extra safety measure. Something like this: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/132360/ACX1251-ND/1011928
View attachment 39763

After further examination, this won't work as the SMA cable is is reverse polarity. There are other options.

jrsweger,

I don't have much experience with antenna's but I would like to get a terminator like you suggested. How do you determine the polarity of the terminator and what polarity do our kits require for protection?

EDIT

I see what you mean by polarity now, its not in reference to the electronics of it but more the physical layout (ie. internal vs external threads and male vs female pin).

So this would be more appropriate (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/132360RP/ACX1436-ND/1989885):
132360RP_sml.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up getting the ITELite ITE-DBS01_V.1, here are some pictures of what comes with it (since I couldn't find anything other than the one picture on their website when I was researching it).

nmq9Ezg.jpg
Z0tM2HN.jpg

I ended up making my own mounting bracket so I could mess with the angle of the antenna, the one that comes in the kit is a fixed angle.

Ak0x9dH.jpg
2dIPtHc.jpg
Did you wanna part with the bracket that came with it? Mine came with this little cheap holder.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1