[Q] DBSMod's Modified ITE-DBS01 or Itelite's ITE-DBS01_v.1?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Itelite's ITEDBS01_v.1 on a Phantom 3 Standard? I know DBSMods has a modified ITEDBS01 that is talked about extensively on this forum...however I have not seen any comments or mentions of the ITEDBS01_v.1 direct from Itelite.

I would love to know how the two compare as I would like to purchase one in the near future.

Welcome to the forum scub.
The only modification I know of was he added the piece to attach it with to the standard rather than to the extender like on a P2V+
I thought they were the same panel .

Has anyone tried Itelite's ITEDBS01_v.1 on a Phantom 3 Standard? I know DBSMods has a modified ITEDBS01 that is talked about extensively on this forum...however I have not seen any comments or mentions of the ITEDBS01_v.1 direct from Itelite.

I would love to know how the two compare as I would like to purchase one in the near future.
I'm curious about the differences as well. It would appear the mounting brackets are the big differences between the two. DBS's kit only has the one mount that clamps around the metal bracket where Itelite's appears to have two brackets, one on each side. Have you made your purchase yet? Which way are you leaning?

I have not made a purchase yet, right now I'm leaning towards the DBSMods version because it looks like once the antenna is disconnected via the wing nuts the remaining pieces on the controller are small enough to fit in my hard shell case.

I can not find any more pictures of the Itelite but it looks like those metal brackets would still be attached to the controller after removing the antenna and they look like they'll be too big for my case.

I went with the DBS cuz of the smaller bracket. It kind of looks like the ITELITE bracket is the springloaded one similar to the one they use on the P3P. But I am not sure since there is only 1 pic, which is annoying.

Also, I had a few questions so I emailed ITELITE and DBS. DBS was the only one who answered me so thats who I ordered from.

Reactions: scubasteve101
I went with the DBS cuz of the smaller bracket. It kind of looks like the ITELITE bracket is the springloaded one similar to the one they use on the P3P. But I am not sure since there is only 1 pic, which is annoying.

Also, I had a few questions so I emailed ITELITE and DBS. DBS was the only one who answered me so thats who I ordered from.
How well does the single clamp hold the antenna?

I use the thick blue cables on mine so they help hold the antenna solidly. I also tried the thinner cables that came with the kit and the clamp did its job as well.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451676581.342449.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod

It's secure/doesnt move around and both the antenna/bracket weigh almost nothing. Never had a problem with it. If you need to take it apart for your case, its just 2 wing nuts to unscrew and the bracket is small enough that you dont have to remove it.

It's secure/doesnt move around and both the antenna/bracket weigh almost nothing. Never had a problem with it. If you need to take it apart for your case, its just 2 wing nuts to unscrew and the bracket is small enough that you dont have to remove it.

Jay H

What instructions did you use for the install? I'm pretty sure I've stumbled on them before but I can't find them now.

EDIT
I found it: Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | Page 15 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
I use the thick blue cables on mine so they help hold the antenna solidly. I also tried the thinner cables that came with the kit and the clamp did its job as well. View attachment 39077
Do these blue cables have any markings on them as to manufacturer/part number? How about the internal cables? My kit should be on my door step when I get home so I'm curious. If I have time tomorrow at work (at lunch of course) I'm going to try to characterize the antenna and cables over frequency.

Do these blue cables have any markings on them as to manufacturer/part number? How about the internal cables? My kit should be on my door step when I get home so I'm curious. If I have time tomorrow at work (at lunch of course) I'm going to try to characterize the antenna and cables over frequency.
No they don't. They have to be ordered from an eBay seller in China. So it takes 2-3 weeks to get to the US. You can change them to thicker cables if you want. I don't see a difference using the thinner or thicker internal cables. @dirkclod sees better results with thicker cables with his bird.

I'll feel better once I go through characterization. If they check out at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz I'll probably hold off for now. I'd probably spend a little more and buy from a place like Digikey where I can at least see the specs on the cables rather than taking a chance on a cable coming from China with no markings or noted specs from eBay. I suspect that some of those that aren't seeing as good a result as others may have inferior cables.

Here is what it's listed as specs in the listing if it helps you.

* Impedance: 50 ohm
* Gold plated contacts, >= 24 - 48 hours, salt spray test:, enhanced corrosion resistance
* Salt spray test: >= 24 hours, enhanced corrosion resistance
* Mounting: machined brass construction crimp & soldered mount
* Connection Protection: Black Heat Melt Shrink Tube Versafit or equivalent
* Operating frequency: Higher quality, >= 1.2Ghz 2.4Ghz 3Ghz 6Ghz 8Ghz...( we can also customize 12Ghz 18G...)
* Technical characteristics: temp. range: -65 ~ +165 (PE cable -55 ~ +85)

FPVLR is where I get my internal cables also and jrsweger all cables from the same place won't be the same. You never know what you have till you try it . Lots have not got what I have using the same stuff from the same place so till ya try you won't know.
I get stuff fromm Digikey also. Good suppler .They buy stuff in bulk also and wonder where it comes from :)
Those blue cables I got I saw from another member in another section using and that's where he got them so that's why I got them there .
Good luck with your install and with finding markings on your cables .

Warning tag on the antenna says "Irreversible damage to the controller may occur if powered on with no antenna attached". With that, I'm surprised I've seen no one mention picking up a few SMA 50 ohm terminators to put on the transmitter SMA antenna outputs in the off chance you remove the antenna cables either for storage or otherwise. There is always the possibility of inadvertent powering on of the controller. Just a little extra safety measure. Something like this: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/132360/ACX1251-ND/1011928
upload_2016-1-7_19-18-23.png

After further examination, this won't work as the SMA cable is is reverse polarity. There are other options.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers