Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

PVS Show 2014 @ Santa Pod Drag Strip [H3-3D Footage]

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by davemcm, Jun 12, 2014.

1. davemcm

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/97920846[/vimeo]

https://vimeo.com/97920846

Had the opportunity to take my Phantom with new H3-3D gimbal to Santa Pod Raceway for the Performance Vauxhall Show 2014 last weekend (7th-8th June 2014). I thought that chasing cars up the drag strip full speed in high wind would be a good test for the new gimbal.

Turns out the gains were set too high in the naza since gimbal was been added which produced a bit of vibration / jello in the video, and since i was camping for the weekend, i wasn't able to change them till i got back home.

All air shots taken with the Phantom carrying GoPro Hero 3 Black (2.7k 30fps) in H3-3D gimbal, and ground shots taken with an iPhone 5.

2. liam_mcf

Nice video, had a few friends travel down to the PVS show from Glasgow, they had a great weekend. Looked like a cracking weekend for it too.

3. davemcm

We travelled down from Glasgow too, was a **** of a drive in torrential rain but 20 mins from the place the sun came out and didn't go away the full weekend. Was defo a good weekend.

Where you from? You fly around Glasgow etc?

4. liam_mcf

From the south side of Glasgow, not sure if you know Battlefield / Mount Florida area. What about yourself?

Not really had a chance to fly it about Glasgow, work in Fife so I've brought it in with me and had a few flights about Fife. Pretty new to it all at the moment, so still doing plenty of research and adding stuff bit by bit!

5. badbrad97

(I am no expert) but it looked like rolling shutter lines in your video not really jello. I fixed that by adding a neutral density filter when I am filming at 2.7 in bright light. Those lines completely went away for me without making any other changes.