PVFlyer vs Taco RC...

Reaction score
I have a stock V2+ and am interested in installing one of the booster apps. But, I see 2 decent considerations available in the Play Store. Any advice on which one is more effective? It seems like the Taco product has more features at this time, but the PVFlyer app has more downloads.

Re: PVFlyer vs Taco RC...

vicdevore said:
I have a stock V2+ and am interested in installing one of the booster apps. But, I see 2 decent considerations available in the Play Store. Any advice on which one is more effective? It seems like the Taco product has more features at this time, but the PVFlyer app has more downloads.

Well keep in mind these only boost the 2.4 WIFI side so if you are losing control before FPV it is not going to help.

I have both apps and am not using neither one of them at the moment.

I don't use the extra features of the Taco app as I log with the Flytrex and the 7th channel doesn't work with my setup.

I like the one click simplicity of the FPVflyer as it just takes the known settings that work and make all that happen with one click. The taco app is a little crude in the interface because you have to manually go through an click the settings every time you want to use it. Just poor programming/design in my opinion. Should be one button to start which should use your chosen/saved settings. To make it worse you have to jump between pages to make these settings.

I don't know if one actually out performs better than the other but the interface is much different.

Other then having some similarity, they are two totally different apps. The Vision+Utility app far exceeds the others. It is more then just a one setting power adder. No doubt the #1 Bang for the Buck Optional App currently available on the market.

I have both apps, but don't feel comfortable with the Utility app....

There is no doubt that both apps do a great job at extending the FPV on the bird....

What settings are people using on the utility app?

"usually we use 15dbm for the camera boost. default value for the repeater boost."

I sent taco rc an email in regards to booster setting, above was his response...

flyNfrank said:
The Vision+Utility app far exceeds the others.

And why is that Frank? As I have said I am not using either at the moment but would be curious what the Utility app does in your eyes that makes it better. The logging function is a no brainer for sure if you use that.

If I can get some use out of either of these apps I will. Right now its just not doing much for me. I do fly in low resolution FPV though and might see higher gains if I bumped up the quality of my video video.

My only real complaint with the Utility app is the poor interface.

Jeremyconk said:
I have both apps, but don't feel comfortable with the Utility app....

There is no doubt that both apps do a great job at extending the FPV on the bird....

What settings are people using on the utility app?

Use all the settings. Thats what is nice about having multiple choices.

What are you not comfortable with?

Btw, there are so many variables from one persons quad to another, that it really would not be good to know what settings someone uses. However, if someone near you flying in the same environment would be a little better under the circumstances.

rrmccabe said:
flyNfrank said:
The Vision+Utility app far exceeds the others.

And why is that Frank? As I have said I am not using either at the moment but would be curious what the Utility app does in your eyes that makes it better. The logging function is a no brainer for sure if you use that.

If I can get some use out of either of these apps I will. Right now its just not doing much for me. I do fly in low resolution FPV though and might see higher gains if I bumped up the quality of my video video.

My only real complaint with the Utility app is the poor interface.

Without going in and solely working with the firmware, you will probably never be pleased with how things function. Currently the only part of the app that isn't the greatest would be the enabling of the app and it's functions. However, I would think that most would agree that is a small price to pay for something that is under $10.

Below is why I consider the Vision+Utility App the #1 band for the buck quad mod.

A) Compare that $10 to the cost of having a amplifier, cables, installation.
Compare to the cost of antennas, cables, installation.

B) If you take ten minutes to install the app, and read how to use it.......compared to the time it takes to order parts, time spent to install those parts all to achieve performance gains.

C) And finally we have a app with adjustable transmit power setting for both the Range Extender and Camera wifi.
-Also includes secure environment by Password Encryption.
-And includes a Flight Data Logger. Data can be used with Dashware and Google Earth.

Thanks for response. I was just talking about app vs app. So A & B really doesnt apply here.

And you are no doubt correct about logging and Encryption if you use those.

rrmccabe said:
Thanks for response. I was just talking about app vs app. So A & B really doesnt apply here.

And you are no doubt correct about logging and Encryption if you use those.

For anyone viewing this, there is nothing wrong with the other app. It does what it was created to do. I just tried to point out why the Vision+Utility App exceeded any of the others currently available.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj