PV2V+ Broken Camera Isses NEED HELP!!

Reaction score
On the last PV2+ I had a very minor crash and the gimbal was bent creating the gimbal to jerk around once powered up, shown in the second photo. When I was trying to fix the black thin strip broke. DJI retailer had no idea what to do other than send to DJI to fix. I am looking for someone with experience that can advise if this camera is bricked or potentially an easy fix. In the interim I bought a gimbal protector and a new camera. Flew with the new camera prior to receiving protector (I know, should have waited) same thing, caught the tip of a tree and brought it down with a level 4 crash (1 being tipping over at landing and 10 falling from sky and shattering). The gimbal arm is bent but all the black strip cables are intact as you can see in the first photo second crash.

Two main questions and one comment 1.) Any thoughts on repairing the first camera? Any recommendations on if this can be done without sending in? If so, I would be extremely grateful for any assistance. 2.) Is it just my reckless flying or are these cameras not built to withstand any sort of impact? If so, has anyone had luck with DJI fixing without charging? If you did get charged, how much?

My two cents, DJI needs to build these cameras much more sturdy similar to the Phantom itself as it can easily take a fall and keep on flying. If you have any experience similar to mine I would appreciate your perspective and any ideas around protective devices for these cameras. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_3493.jpg
    IMG_3493.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 475
  • IMG_3487.JPG
    IMG_3487.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 509
The camera/gimbal is fragile. It's not built for impacts. Nor was your Phantom made for crashing. It was built to fly in the air :)

Try hunch if you're looking for someone to repair it for you.

What goes up must come down.....point taken though. When you say "try hunch" to repair, is "hunch" a repair shop or member of this forum?

Appreciate your response!

+4 for Hunch!

Larry L said:
+4 for Hunch!

+100! He just fixed two of my cameras. One of them I would have sworn was beyond salvage. They will be winging their way back to me next week. He's good.

Who is hunch? Sounds like he might be able to help me with my broken gimbal/camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20