PV2+ with 10J, mounting phone and extender??

Reaction score
Tonight I put a Futaba 10jh into the Phantom. I ran into a few issues that I was able to overcome and the quad is flying beautiful now but I am stumped on how to mount the wifi extender and phone bracket. I have searched around for some type of bracket but have only found ones for monitors. Any input to help out would be greatly appreciated!

samd012 said:
Tonight I put a Futaba 10jh into the Phantom. I ran into a few issues that I was able to overcome and the quad is flying beautiful now but I am stumped on how to mount the wifi extender and phone bracket. I have searched around for some type of bracket but have only found ones for monitors. Any input to help out would be greatly appreciated!

You may have an issue trying to use the WiFi FPV system with your 10J. Both are on 2.4GHz and may not play well together. The stock radio is on 5.8GHz and the FPV is on 2.4GHz. I would do some very careful testing before doing any real flying with the FPV system working.

Just curious, why did you want the 10J instead of the stock radio?? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Futaba fan, in fact I am a sponsored Futaba pilot, but I really see no reason to mess around with the way DJI ships the P2V+.

SilentAV8R said:
samd012 said:
Just curious, why did you want the 10J instead of the stock radio?? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Futaba fan, in fact I am a sponsored Futaba pilot, but I really see no reason to mess around with the way DJI ships the P2V+.

A couple reasons, nothing major. First to be able to smooth flight out with the added capability of the Futaba with expo and dual rates. I also wanted the ability to have att mode, manual mode and fail safe all on a switch. As the dji radio sits now you must choose between manual mode or fail safe on s1, with the Futaba I can put fail safe on its own switch. Also I want to do some mix programming on the extra switches to do panning and circle panning and have it automated.
I have seen many other posts about people putting Futaba radios in the phantoms and no one has mentioned interference issues so I am hoping I will not have any. I definitely will do some extra range checking, thanks for the input!!

The Phantoms people are putting Futaba radios in are the Phantom 2, non Vision and Non vision Plus. The Phantom 2 uses 2.4GHz for the control radio and 5.8GHz for the camera/FPV (if installed). In theory the frequency hopping of the Futaba radio should help limit interference, but many people have found that the close proximity of the camera/FPV WiFi can cause issues when both are in the same band.

Like I said, I would do some careful tests before flying with the FPV active.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.