PV2+ vs PV2 video quality

Reaction score
Beside stability

I feel the PV2 video quality is better than the plus... less glare less blur, sharper colors and light

anyone else feel this way?

I didn't own the P2V but everyone says the camera is the same but better stabilization with the plus.

All i can say is the video is AMAZING on the plus and can't see the need for anything better....just my 2cents

Maybe I'm just old... maybe because I grew up through the 70's and 80's... but this thing still just amazes me with its clarity and quality and stability...

I understand what others are grumbling about when comparing it to gopro and others... but I don't agree... for this money... for the amount of tech they packed into this little beauty... This is surely the best toy I ever bought myself and the picture quality blows me away.

Oh yeah... and the + does look better than the vision camera quality to me... but that very well may be just because it's on a stable platform.

Although the camera's specs are the same, from the viddys that were posted to Milton's lens change thread (which he has since made private) .... it looks like the Plus has a much better chance of easily being assembled at the factory with the lens square to the sensor, than the P2V does with it's various alignment screws and etc.
This shows up in the number of P2Vs viddys that have significantly softer corners than most (if not all) of the Pluses.

As indicated in my thread regarding the contrast, color/tint and focus changes of the Plus, I think it's ability to point straight down exasperates the "opposition effect" (that was pointed out me as being something all cameras have to deal with) and ..... just like when you get a better sound system that amplifies all the junk you never heard on your "pitiful, portable, picnic player" ... the rock solid steadiness of the Plus' gimbal might not let the image's light and focus distortions, camera vibrations and other artifacts go as unnoticed as they do on the P2V as it bumps and bounces all over creation.

I'm looking forward to using the camera setting suggestions that others recommended, as soon as it stops raining here.
I also noticed that we now have a setting for "anti-Flicker" that we didn't have before, but lost the medium FOV setting with the newest app.
Also, we can now cut-n-paste off the SD card while in a PC, were before we could only do copies .... and needed to delete anything off the card via the app.

I dont see änti-flicker setting in the app?

I did take the suggestions of another post and set some settings differently with better results.

I will test more in the future

tebowner said:
I dont see änti-flicker setting in the app?

I did take the suggestions of another post and set some settings differently with better results.

I will test more in the future

The Anti-Flicker is towards the bottom of the latest app's settings list, and 'semi'-explained on page 65, item 10 .... of the latest manual.

The hardest (most critical) thing I've found for the Plus to do is ..... provide consistent focus, color and tint around it's own shadow when pointing straight down and moving slowly across vegetation ..... especially thick brush or dense trees, were the distance from the Plus to the brush/trees is constantly changing, as you slowly hover over them in a given direction, at about .... 100 ft or so above them, and in bright sunlight so the Vision's shadow is distinct/well defined against the changing height of the brush/trees.

Please keep us posted on what you find.
I've got rain here for the next few days, so I can't try it all myself until this weather passes.

my main thing was that when shooting slightly down and out. it seemed like the middle was darker and then got light out to edges on a very sunny day. as i moved the "cloud" darkness moved with me.

I will post vid later

maybe new setting will fix this

also the jelloing is pissing me off royally

I went out today with my Plus

I dont care what anyone says ... my PV2 took clearer and better overall video MINUS the shake

I dont have the PV2 anymore so I cannot test them next to each other. but here are the differences i see

>> objects seems to have a crosshaired almost - objects just are not clear
>> jumpy - seems to jump or hesitate in presenting the frames - not when moving slowly
>> colors - not as bright in the main middle and to bright near the fish eyes edges

I would love to see someone test this :

PV2+ vs. PV2 with Rotorpixel gimbal
Same video shot at same time! then we would see

i like th eidea but its not an aerial view. I will try and post some old footage of the Vision vs Vision Plus if i can get it together

thedjiguy said:
The cameras are the exact same in terms of specs. I can't recall where I saw it, but someone posted a specs comparison and the cameras were the exact same.

User manuals, about the FoVs:

P2V 140° / 120° / 90°
P2V+ 110° / 85°

P2V+ has it's widest FoV less than P2V "middle" one. If they have the same lens, P2V+ will crop 30° away from the P2Vs 140° -- the most blurry areas.

DBS said:
Maybe I'm just old... maybe because I grew up through the 70's and 80's... but this thing still just amazes me with its clarity and quality and stability...

I understand what others are grumbling about when comparing it to gopro and others... but I don't agree... for this money... for the amount of tech they packed into this little beauty... This is surely the best toy I ever bought myself and the picture quality blows me away.

Oh yeah... and the + does look better than the vision camera quality to me... but that very well may be just because it's on a stable platform.
Agree on everything.
As a pro photographer for many years I have come to realize that it is never the best photographers that compare tech-specs. It´s more what you do with your cameras that matters. Some of the best pictures and films ever made have far lower technical quality than any of the cameras today.

The discussion is too spec-oriantated. ("The last close-up on the shoe look bit better on the GoPro.." etc, etc)

Show some great compositions, graphically challenging framing and stories! I don´t care if its 720p or 1080i!
We have tools Fellini, Casavettes, Hitchcock, Kubrick etc could only dream of!

Just saying.

AnselA said:
thedjiguy said:
The cameras are the exact same in terms of specs. I can't recall where I saw it, but someone posted a specs comparison and the cameras were the exact same.

P2V 140° / 120° / 90°
P2V+ 110° / 85°

P2V+ has it's widest FoV less than P2V "middle" one. If they have the same lens, P2V+ will crop 30° away from the P2Vs 140° -- the most blurry areas.
So this means the camera of the v+ is worse...worser angle of view.

No, it means it has a different FoV. It has no bearing on the quality of the camera.

rilot said:
No, it means it has a different FoV. It has no bearing on the quality of the camera.
Its worse because the field of view is smaller. I did'nt say the quality is worse.

borgqueenx said:
AnselA said:
thedjiguy said:

P2V 140° / 120° / 90°
P2V+ 110° / 85°

So this means the camera of the v+ is worse...worser angle of view.

No, it means they don't have the same specs...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav