PV2+ Video freezes communicating to phone

Reaction score
Video communication to phone locks up

At times when I video or take pictures I will have live feed and all the sudden the screen freezes garbled through and the picture is Frozen.

It's been really frustrating yesterday I did a shoot for the High School's football team, and cheerleaders.

Throughout the day, my screen would freeze up. Everything is working perfectly perfect video feed, and then my screen locks up.

Having 60 High School football players, and different cheerleading squads sit in the hot sun while I had to reset my phone was rather challenging. What can I do? I'll try to attach one of the pictures I took. Any feedback would be really appreciated! Cheers! John

Also if someone could recommend which program works best flying the Phantom 2 plus I'd really appreciate that

I am flying a Phantom 2 plus
I'm using a Samsung 7 Edge
DJI Phantom 2 flight software
I also have the DJI ultimate flight Phantom
Litchi for the P2

Attachments

• 1470943843547.jpg
    1470943843547.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 1470943916348.jpg
    1470943916348.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 351
So this isn't a distance issue apparently. I use Litchi for P2.

How many signal strength bars are showing for the FPV? Should be five. Is it five consistently?

Are you sure your antennas are oriented correctly?

I have plenty of satellites. Min.7. Antenna wise pointed @ the drone. I fly by direct site, and the distance I was shooting . 50 yrds, / 45 / 65 ft.

What do you mean by "antenna was pointed @ the drone"? Please explain and be specific.

Also, please explain exactly how things were situated when the FPV froze. How high was the drone? How far away was the drone? What part of the drone was facing you (the back, the front, the left side, or the right side)?

You dont say if this is a new issue or not, have you had the quad long ? did it work before, is it a new quad, did it work before on a different phone/tablet

I would suspect the phone, i had issues with the S5 but have no issues with the S3, it may be the version of Android, all you can do is try another device to fault find the issue.

As for which app to use, well again thats device dependant, i have a nexus 7 tablet on which litchi craps out quite often, not sure why though as it worked fine, so maybe one of the new updates to the OS has killed something. but Litchi works fine on my old S3, i have found that the only stable app is the original DJI app, and in times of need i have used that when im just shooting video or pictures.

I would add that you should make sure that the quad and camera has all the latest updates in case that is the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers