PV2+ no live feed

Hello GaryK,
I believe he sold me mine for around $120-140 range? Cannot remember? But was a lot cheaper than anywhere else I found, and came with guarantee!
Also if you decide to sell, I have a friend, who had his p2v+ fly away, and never found, he has the camera/ gimbal, extra batts, and the remote ( luckily he was flying without the camera when it happened.) He would be interested in your bird, as is, and can do the repair himself. If you are interested his member name is ( RogerFrost ) he has been bummed since it was lost, I bought 2 parts birds, was going to send one his way, but both have bad wifi modules, and need new shells as well, among other issues. Would be better for him to buy yours and just fix the module!
Give Mike a call, and wheel and deal with him. He is a great guy. Or PM RogerFrost to sell.

****, if I did not already have 14 phantoms, I'd buy it for $100. That is a good deal.

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

yep, he is low on inventory though. He stated that there has been a rash of recent drones go non-wifi after sitting for logn periods of time. No clue why though.

Where are you located and how much to ship to richmond, TX - 77406 I would be interested in buying it.

Recently a had an issue with DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ - it is no live video (other words blank screen ot black screen in DJI Vision App). I found that Wi-Fi FPV module couse this issue, it becomes broken with no external reasons. There're lots of other problems with DJI Phantom 2 Vision Pluses, but if there is no live video, you have to check for this particular damage.

Symptoms of broken DJI Wi-Fi FPV module:
- camera takes photo and video, but there is no live video feed in DJI Vision App
- telemetry works, you can read satellites count, phantoms battery level, speed, altitude, etc
- you can use any dji software versions, both bird, remote, and smartphone
- any updates, resetting, switching your bird on/off, formatting SD-card - does not help

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
  1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
  2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
  3. ping 192.168.1.2
    If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
  4. ping 192.168.1.1
    If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
  5. ping 192.168.1.10
    If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
    If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

I just ran that ping test and the third ping 192.168.1.10 came back destination host unreachable, so it looks like I'm in for a replacement
of the bottom PCB board WM301_DM368.
I'm fairly new to quads. Is it possible for a layman to remove and replace this board? Or should I ship it to DJI or some other repair shop?
Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
BertD

Recently a had an issue with DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ - it is no live video (other words blank screen ot black screen in DJI Vision App). I found that Wi-Fi FPV module couse this issue, it becomes broken with no external reasons. There're lots of other problems with DJI Phantom 2 Vision Pluses, but if there is no live video, you have to check for this particular damage.

Symptoms of broken DJI Wi-Fi FPV module:
- camera takes photo and video, but there is no live video feed in DJI Vision App
- telemetry works, you can read satellites count, phantoms battery level, speed, altitude, etc
- you can use any dji software versions, both bird, remote, and smartphone
- any updates, resetting, switching your bird on/off, formatting SD-card - does not help

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
  1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
  2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
  3. ping 192.168.1.2
    If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
  4. ping 192.168.1.1
    If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
  5. ping 192.168.1.10
    If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
    If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Sorry I'm late...just discovering that my Phantom is hosed. I haven't used it for at least a year. Anyway, I fire up everything, and the app works fine, shows battery, telemetry, etc, but I see a black screen with the spinning icon in the middle.

I tried pinging, and sure enough, so response from the last one (bottom board). I know this is an old post, so has a fix been found yet?

The bottom board is the wifi board,
You can replace it fairly easily, but keep in mind your mac addy will change as well. But if you are getting telemetry, and your extender is linking to craft, the diagnosis might be incorrect?
Usually if your wifi board ( board #4 ) you will be unable to connect to phantom network, at all.

Did you scan for wifi network?
Use android ( InSSIDer app )
Open app, turn on ONLY bird ( camera ( wifi ON ))
Search for wifi signal ( 60:60:1F:??:??:?? )
NOTE: question marks are your personal 6 digit MAC ADDY!, so will be something like this:
Example: 60:60:1F:09:23:1C

If you see the 60-60-1f network, than your bird is transmitting, and most likely bad board #3.

Just st a heads up, where do you guys live?
I have a couple board 4's, but no board 3's.

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
i found a fix!!
the problem in wifi module from older versions is the memory!!
(same problem like me on monday)
my phantom 2 vision + was working fine!!!! untill i not used it for a long time.
telemetry and worked and i could move the camera.
BUT NO IMAGE ON THE APP. THIS WORKS!!!!

so the fix comes for 1.38 EURO!!!! instead of buying a new wifi module
and you need some soldering!! and steady hands!!
see discription here:

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix

here they use a Tinksky FT232RL FTDI USB2.0 to TTL Serial Converter Adapter ,
i used a different from ali express:
FT232RL FT232 USB to TTL 5 V 3.3 V

new 1PCS FT232RL FT232 USB TO TTL 5V 3.3V Download Cable To Serial Adapter Module For Ardui USB TO 232 in new 1PCS FT232RL FT232 USB TO TTL 5V 3.3V Download Cable To Serial Adapter Module For Ardui USB TO 232 van Geïntegreerde Schakelingen op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep

so i used 3.3V for the jumper (on the ttl adapter) and you dont need 12V + ground on the bottom connection like on the picture here.!!!!!!!!
be aware (that the connection on every ttl module is different!!!) TX GOES ON RX
AND TX GOES ON RX!! 5V and GNRD you also need to connect!!

D4D_Y_az-rq-E69gWIgptddh6Y5vVbIUpUe_ZaX5rHuBouba47jrQfSNZaJ8IuONBo7AJRM=w1175

follow the instructions in the link.
and you are back with live fpv!!!!!

good luck!!

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Hi folks. Due to the practise of social distancing. I am at home (Alberta Canada)and looking for things to do. I decided to pull out my Phatom Vision 2+. It is has only been used a few times. No crashes or hard landing. When I last flew it we were living in South Dakota. Everything worked fine. It was packed in a HPRC2700 case for the move and has been stored inside ever since.
When I fired it up. Everything worked normal. With the exception of no live video view. I have read dozens of posted and did a re-binding procedure. It says it was successful. But still no live view. Because most of the posts I have seen are 3 to 4 years old. I am just wondering if a solution has ever been found in 2020?

When I fired it up. Everything worked normal. With the exception of no live video view. I have read dozens of posted and did a re-binding procedure. It says it was successful. But still no live view. Because most of the posts I have seen are 3 to 4 years old. I am just wondering if a solution has ever been found in 2020?

As always, the solution depends on source of the issue. You need to diagnose it.
Still, like @dynamike proposes above, the cause is often by de-programming of NAND chip used by DaVinci Media Processor.
(though his guide only explains how to reflash a little part of the NAND - only bootloader).

To check whether that's the issue you have, connect to UART pins of the chip and check whether you see Linux booting there.

If you want to understand more about the issue, the guide I made explains everything instead of just giving you commands to run. It is for a radio controller of Ph3, but all the DaVinci chips work in a similar manner - other than board layout, everything is the same for P2V and P2V+.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
As always, the solution depends on source of the issue. You need to diagnose it.
Still, like @dynamike proposes above, the cause is often by de-programming of NAND chip used by DaVinci Media Processor.
(though his guide only explains how to reflash a little part of the NAND - only bootloader).

To check whether that's the issue you have, connect to UART pins of the chip and check whether you see Linux booting there.

If you want to understand more about the issue, the guide I made explains everything instead of just giving you commands to run. It is for a radio controller of Ph3, but all the DaVinci chips work in a similar manner - other than board layout, everything is the same for P2V and P2V+.

I am not able to go further after connecting to Tera term, not getting the BOOTME message, only getting weird characters along the screen, Anyone can help here

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 145
I am not able to go further after connecting to Tera term, not getting the BOOTME message, only getting weird characters along the screen, Anyone can help here

You should really read the guide I linked you.
You apparently did not read "Booting the board with debug interface connected".

Thanks for your reply, I was following the procedure found on this article: DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Vision Plus Blank or Black Screen Repair and Fix

I will read in detail your guide and try again..

I'm hoping this is relevant to this thread, I know it's old but it looks like it's still alive, it's related to the black screen issue with the Vision Ap and FPV, can someone please tell me if the cause is the same if there is a spinning icon rather than just a black screen? I know the general consensus says it's the Wifi Module, mine is the V3 version with the holes in the case, but it's still overheating, there are two small green lights that can be seen on in the module, I don't want to assume it's the module and wonder if there might be something else causing the issue, Ive ruled out the cam since it takes videos and pictures on the SD card. I think the module needs the heat sink mod if it's still good and if hasn't been done yet. Thanks for any info.

Hello
If you have telemetry but no video feed, than your wifi is ok, most likely a bad gimbal mainboard!
They come up on eBay sometimes, around $100us.
Or you can look around to some repair shops, they might have one lying around,
I also have a friend, I get almost all my parts from, great guy fair prices, and garanteed to work! I bought a gimbal board from him a while back for $120. Not sure if he has any left?
But here is his number

Mike Holtz
530-277-5366
California

He should have anything you need!
He has over 6,000 drones!
I'm not sure if Apple has any analyzer apps or not ( I was under the belief they don't allow it in their App Store, as it tracks HIDDEN wifi. )
But android has no bans on it.

Do you know anyone with an android device?

I moved into a 3 pro, and day and night from p2+. Much nicer image, smoother video, tons more options.
But I still love and fly my p2's! I use p3p mostly for videoing! P2's for fun flying!

I'm not familiar with other drones, larger drones, I do have a few smaller ones, but not similar to DJI!
I stay because I know them, but I'm sure there are a lot of nice crafts out there, maybe another member can give you some better advice on that?

But either fix is simple, wifi unit is a breeze, and gimbal board is also very easy fix. Just need to find the parts!
Either wifi module, or gimbal board! One or the other is the culprit. I find more boards bad than wifi units! ( due to app extender upgrade ) wifi usually fails due to overheat, more so version 2 without holes in housing. If you replace it use version 3 with holes.

Hope this helps!
J Dot

No video issue seems due to the faulty WiFi module due to excessive heat and long time idling , I have heard that it can be repaired by rewriting some instruction (without any hardware /component change) . do you know the method ?

I had mine repaired. The drone flies amazing, and it is such a thrill flying without sensors!!!

For those interested in getting your black screen repaired, contact Turner Gutmann at [email protected]. He can flash your WiFi module for $75, shipping included.

Reactions: quaddamage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers