PV2+ no live feed

That is a p2 main board, you need GIMBAL MAIN BOARD!
The boards above won't cure your problem.

J Dot
:cool:

Sorry my router died yesterday, got on today using cellular data, waiting on a new router!

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks so much for the input J Dot! I'm a little hesitant to start replacing parts willy-nilly. I'd like to know with relative certainty whether it's the gimble board, or the wifi module. Like Johnny, I also get all of the other telemetry info. Just no live video feed. Can take pics/video, but am doing so blindly (which is kind of useless).

Does the ping failure of 192.168.1.10 narrow it down at all?

TIA

I'm not familiar with ping tests, as some others here are.

The way I test is with InSSIDer app, if you see 60:60:1f:??:??:?? Then wifi unit is working, if not than it is not. If not working I do a bypass test ( using spare wire or rerouting wire ) I power wifi directly from CAM port on phantom mainboard, if it still don't work bad module, if it works bad gimbal board ( as wifi power passes through gimbal board before making its way to wifi unit.

Now since you can hook up to phantom network, see telemetry and all that but no feed, that is gimbal board! If wifi unit were bad, you would not be able to hook to extender or phantom network at all!

So odds are bad gimbal main board!
( could also be a bad connection or wire ) but if you upgraded your extender through app, than your gimbal board is bad!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
J ..I spoke to Mike he has plenty of gimbal boards I'm having one shipped overnight today . Here is my question after I install how do I avoid the same thing happening to this gimbal board . What do I need to do or not do So I don't fry this board also ? And thanks again for Mike's number good guy has over a 100 boards he said So if your looking storm give him a call number is in this post somewhere .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did not have live video and after waiting for DJI to find a software fix I finally bit the bullet and ordered a WiFi module from Amazon. Installed and now all is OK.

Hmm so yours was the wifi ... ?everything I'm hearing and doing is saying it's the gimbal.. hope So .. phew I really hope so ! How did you narrow yours down to know it was the wifi ? Curious .. you having same EXACT issues as me ?

Hmm so yours was the wifi ... ?everything I'm hearing and doing is saying it's the gimbal.. hope So .. phew I really hope so ! How did you narrow yours down to know it was the wifi ? Curious .. you having same EXACT issues as me ?

DJI techs told me based on symptoms the module was most likely the problem. I had also tried the ping test which indicated the module was the problem. By the way DJI was not aware of the ping test or at least acted like they weren't. Bottom line is I fired a shoot in the dark and for me the module fixed my Phantom

Horned did you use the same updated djigo app? Cause that seems to be to culprit as far as causing the issue .. or did you download a previous version ?

Horned did you use the same updated djigo app? Cause that seems to be to culprit as far as causing the issue .. or did you download a previous version ?

I used the latest in iTunes. I was having hard time believing it was the ap since so many kept flying with no problem. And wether you want to believe DJI or not, accorded to one of they're techs, DJI looked at the software and found nothing that could cause this problem. Bottom line is so far all seems well with latest software and the new module.

(I was hoping it was software cause that would have been better than the money spent.)

Well they have bin denying the update as the culprit since day one . And there so many people on here an other boards where everything was fine they downloaded the update an that's when everything went wrong for them . Just weird I'm stumped .the app also is no longer available in iTunes the App Store yes but not iTunes .. I guess I'll find out today gimbal board delivers in 2 hours gonna put it in a hope for the best I guess or just get rid of it an get the newest model I think I'm gonna stay away from dji though .. after reading these boards seems like problem after problem with all the models ..

Horned owl,
When your wifi failed, what exactly were you seeing? Could you hook to phantom network, and were you getting telemetry? All icons were blue or blacked out?

Johnny,
Only thing will be if app asks you to upgrade extender, DONT, close app, and choose newer or older version, from what I can tell 1.0.56 is the bad IOS version of vision app! Other than normal wear and tear you should be fine, seems to burn during upgrade! I've put new cameras on upgraded extenders and they work fine!

Hope this helps, and YES, Mike is a great guy, I might help him with his eastern United States repairs, as he is overloaded right now! He said majority of his repairs come from Florida, and other eastern states, so it's perfect with me here!

Keep us updated! And GREAT SHOW! Glad you will be back in action soon!

J Dot

Ps, wifi's fail from overheating mostly, more so in version 2 with no drill holes, version 3 is the one with holes, and seems to stay cooler because of them, the boards are what suffer from updates ( extender upgrade to be exact ) seen it time and time again!
DJI claims it was not the app, but seems funny to me, that last app made was 1.0.56, then P3's were introduced, they sent out a notice that NO NEW APP UPDATES would be made, as they wanted us to move into a 3, and phase out P2's completely, as they have been removed from DJI's site all together!
BUT
after so many threatened to sue DJI after this update destroyed their cameras, all of a sudden a new app update? Hmmmmmm sounds a bit fishy to me! Now they know we figured out how to ping, and revert apps, they got worried, and fixed the problem! All the facts are there! They simply covered their tracks, not unlike Hillary, or any other CORRUPT politician! Let's just delete the emails, or cover it up, that will fix it! ( yeah for them! )

Lastly, Johnny,
If it is NOT the board, I'll buy the board from you, so you can purchase a wifi unit!, but I'm betting it IS the board! So no worries mate! We will get you airborne again, my friend!

Take care, Fly safe!
:)

Horned owl,
When your wifi failed, what exactly were you seeing? Could you hook to phantom network, and were you getting telemetry? All icons were blue or blacked out?

Johnny,
Only thing will be if app asks you to upgrade extender, DONT, close app, and choose newer or older version, from what I can tell 1.0.56 is the bad IOS version of vision app! Other than normal wear and tear you should be fine, seems to burn during upgrade! I've put new cameras on upgraded extenders and they work fine!

Hope this helps, and YES, Mike is a great guy, I might help him with his eastern United States repairs, as he is overloaded right now! He said majority of his repairs come from Florida, and other eastern states, so it's perfect with me here!

Keep us updated! And GREAT SHOW! Glad you will be back in action soon!

J Dot

Ps, wifi's fail from overheating mostly, more so in version 2 with no drill holes, version 3 is the one with holes, and seems to stay cooler because of them, the boards are what suffer from updates ( extender upgrade to be exact ) seen it time and time again!
DJI claims it was not the app, but seems funny to me, that last app made was 1.0.56, then P3's were introduced, they sent out a notice that NO NEW APP UPDATES would be made, as they wanted us to move into a 3, and phase out P2's completely, as they have been removed from DJI's site all together!
BUT
after so many threatened to sue DJI after this update destroyed their cameras, all of a sudden a new app update? Hmmmmmm sounds a bit fishy to me! Now they know we figured out how to ping, and revert apps, they got worried, and fixed the problem! All the facts are there! They simply covered their tracks, not unlike Hillary, or any other CORRUPT politician! Let's just delete the emails, or cover it up, that will fix it! ( yeah for them! )

Lastly, Johnny,
If it is NOT the board, I'll buy the board from you, so you can purchase a wifi unit!, but I'm betting it IS the board! So no worries mate! We will get you airborne again, my friend!

Take care, Fly safe!
:)[/QUOT
I had everything except live video.

J curious to where to find a new or older version . Only one out is the " corrupt one" .56 .. or just use it an don't press upgrade extender .. sounds like what your getting at . Just received the board in the mail . Any tips for install ?

Pretty simple,
First remove 2 Phillips screws holding inspection plate on, remove smaller plate, next remove final 2 screws, be careful as ribbon is taped to this plate, carefully remove gimbal ribbon from plate ( only 1 tape joint ), then remove final piece of cover plate. Set aside, now, lift locking tab on ribbon connector ( it just flips upward, be gentle ( fingernail works great ) tab can easily be broken off! )
Remove ribbon cable from board, next loose Allen screw on side of yaw shaft, remove whole camera assemble from gimbal board, set aside, now remove 2 Phillips screws holding board in place ( place close attention to washer placement, do not loose screws or washers ) remove board, now just reverse procedure,
1) mount board ( screws and washers
2) place yaw arm back onto gimbal board shaft ( leave it a bit loose, as we will need to adjust when plates are reinstalled )
3)plug in ribbon cable and snap clip down.
4) replace larger top cover (pay attention to ribbon wrapping around yaw shaft, when you replace top plate, as not to crush ribbon cable in the process )
5) restick ribbon to top plate ( tape should still be sticky and good, press ribbon with q-tip or something to reattach tape to plate )
6) replace smaller plate
7) pull gimbal yaw arm UP TWARDS THE BEARING, then tighten Allen screw, swing arm back and forth to make sure it has 0 contact with any surface, if all is good reinstall gimbal , plugs!

Go test!

J Dot

Newest version app is 1.0.60, go into app in iTunes and click version history to see complete list!

J Dot

Here is a version 2 wifi unit ( NO HOLES ), versus a version 3 wifi unit ( WITH HOLES )
image.jpeg

J Dot

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    842.4 KB · Views: 384

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member