PV2+ no live feed

Reaction score
Hello all new here .great fourms ! .. Ok here is the million dollar question ? After countless weeks of Searching boards everywhere has any one actually found a fix to this issue ? I've done everything there possibly could be done other than take it apart .trust me I've done every trial an error from every board I've read I'm at wits end!!. still can't get live feed to my phone . Can shoot pics, vids altitude speed every thing is there just no live feed the dreaded black screen with the loading circle in the middle . Has anyone finally found the fix for this or what the actual problem is? Driving me insane !!! I have a touch of OCD so I can't stop till this is corrected .. any help would be great .. I appreciate anyone's opinion but like I said I've read and done every suggestion there is out there. Thanks again !

Attachments

• IMG_1126.PNG
    IMG_1126.PNG
    222 KB · Views: 724
I feel your pain Johnny! I picked up a PV2+ (used) a couple of weeks ago, and did all of the updates, and re-calibration. Have tried just about everything that has been recommended (multiple times). I can fly the bird, and see all of the other data, even shoot pictures (blindly), but all I get on the screen is that damned scroll. If anyone can help us out it would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA

Yeah I hear ya I'm about to give up honestly I'm obsessed with fixing this but I think I've read every thread there is and have done everything possible to try an fix it to no avail! Don't know my head is spinning !! Ready to just attach a half stick to it with a long fuse and send it up high as possible an watch it blow! And just chalk it up as a loss....I will take video from phone and post it for all to see if it comes to that ... lol.. ugggggh

Just did a ping test, and it looks like the lower wifi module board (192.168.1.10) is not responding, and presumably cooked. Looking through the forum, seems like plenty of others have had the same problem. Not too jazzed about having to drop a couple of hundred bucks to (hopefully) get this thing functional again.

I read about pinging it .. honestly I own a drywall company ... I couldn't figure out how to actually ping it .. I'm pretty computer savvy but I guess not as much as thought .. I know you have to hook up the phantom as usual app phantom etc wifi connected .. then use a pc an goto the phantom wifi and .... that's where I'm lost ...

Recently a had an issue with DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ - it is no live video (other words blank screen ot black screen in DJI Vision App). I found that Wi-Fi FPV module couse this issue, it becomes broken with no external reasons. There're lots of other problems with DJI Phantom 2 Vision Pluses, but if there is no live video, you have to check for this particular damage.

Symptoms of broken DJI Wi-Fi FPV module:
- camera takes photo and video, but there is no live video feed in DJI Vision App
- telemetry works, you can read satellites count, phantoms battery level, speed, altitude, etc
- you can use any dji software versions, both bird, remote, and smartphone
- any updates, resetting, switching your bird on/off, formatting SD-card - does not help

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
  1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
  2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
  3. ping 192.168.1.2
    If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
  4. ping 192.168.1.1
    If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
  5. ping 192.168.1.10
    If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
    If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Reactions: Stekay
Thanks Jdot .. I've read all you post in the past you know a lot I can tell you that very impressive .. however I've read all the post you an storm sent a million times to no luck .. as far as getting in dos might be out of my league .. let's say that's the issue seems the fix is a new wifi module correct ? This is crazy fellas that we as consumers have to go through all this **** ya know !! Pheww .. I don't know what to do at this point

If you have android device, download InSSIDer app, open app, turn on only phantom, if you can track a weak 60:60:1f:??:??:??, than wifi unit is good, if no than its bad! Like stated above lower board fries! You can also do a bypass test, but is more involved. Requires a second wire, or to reroute wifi to gimbal wire up to CAM port of phantom motherboard, this will power wifi module directly, and not through gimbal, that way if gimbal board is bad, bad wire ect, at least wifi module can be ruled out!

I'd first try the InSSIDer test, then if that fails try bypass, and if still no than wifi is defective!

Hope this helps!
J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
I shoulda said so before I have the iPhone 6 .. any other apps you could recommend for iPhone ? Gonna search now .. let me i he thanks again

Anyone find any fix to this yet? Just went from iPhone 6s to a 7 today .. afraid to even download the dji app any other app I should try ? Or you think the damage is already done internally.. thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Any luck with your storm ?? Think we need to get a new wifi module? If that's the case F it I'm upgrading what's the best going drone especially video out there now ? And why if possible not a expert but not a rookie .. suggestions?

Hello
If you have telemetry but no video feed, than your wifi is ok, most likely a bad gimbal mainboard!
They come up on eBay sometimes, around $100us.
Or you can look around to some repair shops, they might have one lying around,
I also have a friend, I get almost all my parts from, great guy fair prices, and garanteed to work! I bought a gimbal board from him a while back for $120. Not sure if he has any left?
But here is his number

Mike Holtz
530-277-5366
California

He should have anything you need!
He has over 6,000 drones!
I'm not sure if Apple has any analyzer apps or not ( I was under the belief they don't allow it in their App Store, as it tracks HIDDEN wifi. )
But android has no bans on it.

Do you know anyone with an android device?

I moved into a 3 pro, and day and night from p2+. Much nicer image, smoother video, tons more options.
But I still love and fly my p2's! I use p3p mostly for videoing! P2's for fun flying!

I'm not familiar with other drones, larger drones, I do have a few smaller ones, but not similar to DJI!
I stay because I know them, but I'm sure there are a lot of nice crafts out there, maybe another member can give you some better advice on that?

But either fix is simple, wifi unit is a breeze, and gimbal board is also very easy fix. Just need to find the parts!
Either wifi module, or gimbal board! One or the other is the culprit. I find more boards bad than wifi units! ( due to app extender upgrade ) wifi usually fails due to overheat, more so version 2 without holes in housing. If you replace it use version 3 with holes.

Hope this helps!
J Dot

Just don't get it ! Downloaded the app any way .. same thing all telementry all pic vids no live feed .. I'm gonna replace .. J can you give me model numbers or anything to help in search ..now this in my wifi which I had on my iPhone 6 also but as stated before can fly perfect everything but feed.. phewww
f9c4fe046438f4195516a78c20137f74.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like gimbal mainboard problem! As wifi unit is sending telemetry, and info, and you are hooked to phantom network.
So I'd say gimbal mainboard, most likely due to extender upgrade, as your extender looks to be upgraded already!

Search for ( DJI vision gimbal board )
Or see if Mike Holtz has one. eBay can be hit or miss,
Let me know, I would also check your wires and connections very closely.

J Dot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan