PV2+ Issues Post Crash With Gimbal and Camera

Reaction score
Hello all, need some assistance from the group. Had a nice crash and after putting the camera back on the PV2+ I am getting a repetitive buzz from the gimbal as it try to move unsuccessfully every 2 sec approx. Can't get a picture from the camera due to a message on the DJI app on my IPhone 6+ that states "Remove Gimbal Clamp". The first 3 photos are from 3 sides of the camera (that's all they would allow) to give you a comprehensive perspective, then a screen shot of the message. I attached a photo of the gimbal arm prior to bending, I have subsequently bent back as best as I could which can be seen in the first three photos.Looking for a fix out there that does not involve taking the whole thing apart? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks all as usual!!

Regards,
Brad

Attachments

• first drone.jpg
    first drone.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 548
  • drone 2.png
    drone 2.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 573
  • drone 3.jpg
    drone 3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 545
  • drone 4.jpg
    drone 4.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 580
  • drone 6.jpg
    drone 6.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 548
Nice. Never seen a crash like that. You will need to take it apart. You will need to inspect the ribon cable and the gimbal pitch pot and bend it back into shape. Its going to be very hard to realign.

If you can't fix it, contact Hani UAV, he is a miracle worker with gimbals & cameras. He is on this site. Or look at his Facebook page or find him on the DJI phantom 2 vision-plus owners page. Good luck.

Interesting, your symptoms, the periodic buzz, is exactly the same. However, in my case I've just replaced my ribbon cable and the bent gimbal arm with a new one. It powers on, I can see a picture from the phone app, though only momentarily and then the app shuts down (I think that is the newest version of the APP I just updated from the app store, but quite a coincidence). Doesn't seem to be heating up but I can't move it. Just continually makes that buzz every 2 seconds or so. Sounds like the motor is trying to energize, but can't quite.I too would be interested in any ideas, I know now that it is not the ribbon cable, as it was doing this with my original ribbon cable and now the new one. Initially, I just took it apart and straightened the arm and reassembled. Before taking apart, it was working fine, just had a bent gimbal. After the initial rebuild and this second rebuild with the new gimbal and cable, its still does the same thing. Its making me think the motor drive has a problem, however, that would have had to fail just from taking apart the gimbal for repair, as it worked previous to that.

Any Ideas?

I know Hani and already have THREE cameras to send to him to be fixed. I know it's my fault I crashed, I was not flying smart. However, DJI did an absolute horrible job of creating a camera that would be able to withstand a fall from 5ft in at the air. I compare this to the original camera that came on the PV1, the white egg shaped camera. I had a drone fall from 900 ft and the camera still worked like a charm. The video from the PV2+ is excellent, much more stability that provides that professional looking feel. I don't care what anyone says about their flying skills, unless you are in a wide open field filming grass or wheat your bird is eventually going to bite it. Law of physics, what goes up will most defiantly come down. Ready to move up to the Inspire, I am waiting to talk to someone that has flown the drone and provided an unbiased review. I would imagine there is a thread in the site and will be checking when I I finished packing my cameras. Thanks to all of you who took the time to comment, much appreciated as always!! Happy flying, cheers Brad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik