PV2 Camera not connecting every time

Reaction score
I'm having trouble connecting the camera to the iPhone. I turn on the controller, then the wifi extender, then the copter. It connects to the wireless network. When I got into the App (iPhone) It shows the app is connected to the Phantom network, when I hit the camera icon, I can see a 1 still image of whats in front of the camera, but it doesn't go live. Says everything is still connected. If I pick up the vision i don't get any moving images. Most of the time the still image on the app is B&W. When it does come back after a cycle, then its in color

The only fix I have found is power cycling everything off, then on again. Then it usually works properly

My power cycle sequence is: Controller on, WiFi extender on, wait 30-60 seconds, copter on. Connect to phantom network via iPhone, then the camera icon. On the 2nd power cycle it seems to work fine.

I have had to do this same sequence every time time I want to use the camera when flying. Mostly works on 2nd power cycle, but have also had to go as far as 3 cycles.

I have checked the cable from the Vision body, to the camera and they are all secure. I have the latest SW installed.

Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?

Thanks
Brad

yes I have tried that, that doesnt seem to make any difference. Only think that does it is powering off everything then turning back on. Thanks iDrone

It may be the app and not the iPhone. DJI has halted downloads of the app until a new version gets approved by Apple. They aren't specific about the problems with the pulled version except to day it is problematic.

Thanks everyone, I updated the app and it actaully made it worse
I still have to power cycle a few times, when it does connect it works for 20-30sec then I get green or gray lines across the screen and the live camera feed stops.

The support email hasnt worked. Posted an issues and havent had any response. Any suggestions on where to get support next?

Thanks
Brad

mine has done that a few times as well. sometimes the video on the phone will go in an out before i take off so i power off and try again and that usually resolves the issue.

Brcook200 said:
Thanks everyone, I updated the app and it actaully made it worse
I still have to power cycle a few times, when it does connect it works for 20-30sec then I get green or gray lines across the screen and the live camera feed stops.

The support email hasnt worked. Posted an issues and havent had any response. Any suggestions on where to get support next?

Thanks
Brad
Any resolution to this? I reread your original post and suddenly realized it sounds like a lack-of-WiFi-signal-strength issue. That's exactly what it will look like (b&w freeze frame at first, then a few color frames, but never streaming) telemetry will update ok. Not sure if that's on the Range Extender's side or Camera's side (camera has the WiFi transceiver & antennas inside)... This assuming your phone/tablet has no WiFi issues of its own. Have you tried a different phone/tablet?

iDrone (the Very)

Hi all,

I have received a RMA placement quad and camera and that fixed the problem. Seems there was a fault in the camera itself causing the issue. It syncs on the 1st power up.

Thanks everyone for the pointers

Brad

Glad you got this resolved. Who was your dealer and what did you have to do to get this taken care of? Looks like it took about a month (Jan 13 - Feb 18) before they got you squared away.

iDrone

I just got P2V+ in the mail last night direct from DJI and the maiden flight and setup time proved to have similar results as OP. I brought it home and updated all firmware and calibrated... Now it won't connect to camera at all. I'm going to take it out this AM and hope it is working... I'll provide an update later

This mornings flight was "no-go". Could not get Vision App to bind with camera and as a novice pilot I don't feel comfortable flying without all the on screen stats and gps conformations. I'll email DJI today but not expecting much in support for them. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers