PV2+ Battery charging issue

Reaction score
One of my new batteries for the PV2+ now refuses to charge, despite working fine for a couple flights. It did not crash, nor did it go under water. When I connect it to my factory charger, no lights blink and it does not charge. I've read up on possible excessive discharge and wonder if the charger is refusing to charge based on low voltage. When I put the battery in the Phantom and turn on the telemetry, it tells me less than 6% charge, which may be a clue. Despite all the plugging and unplugging and pushing of the on/off button to get something to happen, I can not charge the battery. Since DJI will not answer any emails or calls for assistance with a warranty claim for going on three weeks now, anyone have ideas on how to troule shoot either a bad circuit board under those green led lights, or otherwise try to get the battery to take a charge? Since it is sending back voltage readings to the app on my iPhone, something must be working; just not charging.

Dji actually recommend that you discharge the battery fully once every 20 flights. This means discharging to 8% or until you can no longer switch it on. Mine switches on at 8% so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that being unable to switch it on would be at 6%. (It recommends this in the NAZA assistant), These new batteries allegedly have built in protection from over discharge so you may find ( as others have) that you have a bad cell which is significantly lower that the others. You can check this in the NAZA assistant. If so you definitely would have grounds to demand a replacement.

WessexWyvern said:
Dji actually recommend that you discharge the battery fully once every 20 flights. This means discharging to 8% or until you can no longer switch it on. Mine switches on at 8% so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that being unable to switch it on would be at 6%. (It recommends this in the NAZA assistant), These new batteries allegedly have built in protection from over discharge so you may find ( as others have) that you have a bad cell which is significantly lower that the others. You can check this in the NAZA assistant. If so you definitely would have grounds to demand a replacement.

I agree that this is what is supposed to happen, but my faulty battery would still turn on when reading 0%.
First thing is to check the cells in the assistant software.
Do you have another battery that does charge?
In saying all that, it definitely sounds like a replacement is in order.

Thanks. I did download and run the assistant and check the batteries in the flaky one. They seemed fine, though I did notice that just while checking they went from near-full capacity to dropping quickly, just sitting there plugged in and on the usb cable. Oddly enough, after being on the assistant software, I put the battery back on the charger, it seemed to charge up and give me all four lights of full power, so I plugged it in to the Phantom, took it into the back yard and just hovered. I went from 99% battery as relayed through the Vision app on the iPhone, to blinking red and honking alerts with still 57% battery in less than a minute. Either the battery is draining at a very fast clip, or the "smart" chip on top of it is detecting some other sort of problem. There is no way I will fly the Phantom with this flaky battery, so I guess I need to buy another, then continue to harass DJI (now going on a nearly a month) until they respond to me. At least the diagnostic did tell me all cells were up over 3 volts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4