PV2+ and Sony Xperia Z2

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm just about to hit the buy button on a PV2+ system but slightly concerned about the FPV issues that are being reported so I'll probably hold off buying until the problem is resolved.

My main question was regarding using a Sony Xperia Z2 phone for the FPV, has this been done by anyone yet? I do have an old iPhone 4s which is sitting on a shelf with a dead sim card after upgrading to the Xperia Z2 which I could use but the Z2 screen is significantly better imho.

As the PV2+ is only using the phone wifi (unless you are using the apps option to send directly to FB from the PV2+, why anyone would think this is a good feature/gimmick is way beyond me but heyho :) ) would I need a valid sim card in the iPhone 4S if I had to use that just for the FP video?

best regards
Kev
http://www.photosbykev.com

It's an android phone so not sure it would differ much from any other android phone which many users have including me. And correct me if I'm wrong, but, the system uses more than wifi..IE "Find my phantom" ....

Awilson18 said:
It's an android phone so not sure it would differ much from any other android phone which many users have including me. And correct me if I'm wrong, but, the system uses more than wifi..IE "Find my phantom" ....

Thanks for the reply, it isn't a problem buying a payg sim for the 4S if I have to but I think I'd prefer to use the Sony Z2. I have seen on various adverts they refer to the phone support clamp as an iPhone clamp but hopefully it is adjustable to take phones of differing widths

Kev

Photosbykev said:
Awilson18 said:

Thanks for the reply, it isn't a problem buying a payg sim for the 4S if I have to but I think I'd prefer to use the Sony Z2. I have seen on various adverts they refer to the phone support clamp as an iPhone clamp but hopefully it is adjustable to take phones of differing widths

Kev

I'm using an HTC One M8 and it fits fine...no issues

hi, i'm using Z1 for my vision+ and have no issue. only i thing i would like to mention is we you clam you Z2 with your phone bracket make sure the clam not holding the volume switch. :lol:

jeffyu249 said:
hi, i'm using Z1 for my vision+ and have no issue. only i thing i would like to mention is we you clam you Z2 with your phone bracket make sure the clam not holding the volume switch. :lol:

nice tip :)

jeffyu249 said:
Yeah. The phone bracket instructions recommend not using it for "large phones", but I've been able to use it with an Oppo Find 7a (5.5" display) without issue. The Find 7a is slightly wider than the Z2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair