PV wireless FPV?

Reaction score
I have a P4. I purchased and installed the HDMI module so I could use my new set of Fat Shark V3 goggles. So far all is working great. Now I can fly in the daytime where before the glare on the Ipad mini was terrible.

I ordered a Next Wave 5.8G module. I was hoping I could eliminate using the HDMI cable. Apparently not. Now I think I need 2.4G instead. I guess I am hoping somebody here can put me out of my misery.

Can I even do this in the first place?
Would a 2.4G module work?

The goggles are set up so this is supposed to be easy......

Reactions: jakobe75
Ask yourself also if you want to see the telemetry data shown thru HDMI output module. Useful and perfectly displayed in these googles isn't? Not sure you will have telemetry included in case you're able to ´intercept' live air video feed. For me would be NO but someone else maybe can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I love the goggles and the HDMI feed does provide a lot of information...... It may well be that the use of a 2.4G module may not work and, even if it does, it may not surpass the HDMI method. I just would like the option of not being connected to the controller all the time....

I was under the impression that the video feed from the bird was not a freqjency typical receivers can intercept.

Feel free to educate me.

That could be true...... this is way above my expertise. The drone sends the video to the controller and it may well be some special frequency that may not be intercepted...... I am assuming that the frequency from the controller is the 2.4 GH....... I am beginning to think that the controller does not transmit the video at all.... the HDMI cable may be the only to use the goggles. Alas...that may be the answer.

That could be true...... this is way above my expertise. The drone sends the video to the controller and it may well be some special frequency that may not be intercepted...... I am assuming that the frequency from the controller is the 2.4 GH....... I am beginning to think that the controller does not transmit the video at all.... the HDMI cable may be the only to use the goggles. Alas...that may be the answer.

afaik, that is the case, you either use the dji hdmi port or you use a device like the Nvidia Sheild that has a built in HDMI port.
I havent seen anyone tapping into the freqs on the P4. I did read somewhere that these arent in the normal range of 40 channel receiver like the diversity receivers found on Fatsharks and Skyzones.

I think the p4p has the ability to manully swap the band from 2.4 to 5.8 for mission specific purposes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20