PV transmitter vs PV+ transmitter

Mark The Droner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find a discussion on this.

The stock Vision is supposed to max at 500 meters distance.

The stock Vision + is supposed to max a 800 meters distance.

I looked at the specs and can't quite figure it out.

Phantom 2 Vision - Specs | DJI

Phantom 2 Vision+ - Specs | DJI

What is the magic that allows the plus to get 50% more distance, and if the transmitter is what does it, is the Vision+ transmitter compatible with the Vision bird?

TIA

Look at the transmitter power.

CE is for Europe
FCC is for all others

Okay, it's been almost three weeks and nobody seems to know why the plus gets better distance. I realize this forum probably doesn't get a lot or reads these days. After thinking about this, yesterday I watched a DJI vid and in it they said the Vision controller works at 100 mw in FCC mode, not 125 mw as it says on the DJI site. It appears the specs are listed incorrectly on the DJI site.

So if both controllers operate at 100 mw, the difference in the two must be the superior antennas in the plus craft. So it seems an antenna upgrade on the Vision craft would make it at least equal with the Vision + craft.

Also, from what I can tell, the plus controller will work with the Vision craft.

Reactions: Belletto1
Okay, it's been almost three weeks and nobody seems to know why the plus gets better distance. I realize this forum probably doesn't get a lot or reads these days. After thinking about this, yesterday I watched a DJI vid and in it they said the Vision controller works at 100 mw in FCC mode, not 125 mw as it says on the DJI site. It appears the specs are listed incorrectly on the DJI site.

So if both controllers operate at 100 mw, the difference in the two must be the superior antennas in the plus craft. So it seems an antenna upgrade on the Vision craft would make it at least equal with the Vision + craft.

Also, from what I can tell, the plus controller will work with the Vision craft.
What your seeing in greater distance is FPV. Is because the plus uses the RE700 .
It gets you more distance . You can use that with your Vision as well as the plus's TX...I do .
The reason I use the plus's TX is because it has the scroll wheel with the new versions and is great .
The RE700 is also .

I was referring to control distance. Both apparently transmit at 100 mw.

Yes, I already have the RE700 and the + transmitter was ordered yesterday. ;)

Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
Would it be more beneficial to add an external antenna to an RE500 or purchase a RE700. I have a P2V.

Because invariably you will want to make further mods and you will kick yourself for not getting the 700 to start with...

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31