PV Power Loss, Vision Drops from Sky, Scraping for Parts

Re: PV Power Loss, Vision Drops from Sky, Need Advice

Justgregg said:
Mine did the same thing last week. 2 flights with 2 loss of power crashes. Changed out all the motors to the upgraded tmotor anti gravity. Didn't help. Does anybody know why this is happening??
This is BS.

Stupid question from me…… what temperature are the batteries rated at, and what temperatures are they being operated at?

For what it's worth, I spoke with a the that fixes Phantoms. My power loss resulting in 2 crashes is either a bad board or bad naza. Swell! I have only 10 charges thru it and 2 months old. It gets shipped to dji cali on Monday for warranty service!

Waterborne said:
Chuggie,
Unlikely this may have been the cause but out of curiosity, how often are you changing the RC batteries? We have seen lots of talk on various threads about batteries and terminals for the PV itself but to my knowledge, there is no battery indicator that reflects strength of the RC batteries.

Could this have been a possibility? Am I right that there is no battery level indicator for these 4 "AA" batteries?

I changed batteries in the transmitter recently and put in Duracell Quantums.

I know that my radio led when the batts get low. I'm sure when I get it back from service and that was the problem I will feel like a dip sh.....t! We will see

Pull_Up said:
When it was descending uncontrollably in all these situations did you notice if the signal LEDs were flashing red at all, or were they giving the usual flight indications?

Well,

I tried everything suggested in this post, and tried flying the Phantom again. I had 4 successful test flights this afternoon with no problems. On all of those flights I kept the phantom no more than 6 feet above the ground so if there was a problem the crash would be minimal. The phantom preformed flawlessly on all 4 flights, and I did try put it through maneuvers to give it a thorough test. Tonight I tried giving the phantom a little altitude, which proved fatal. The Phantom flew perfectly for about 10 minutes, then suddenly dropped like a brick from the sky, and hit the pavement. It is in bad shape, the camera mount is broken, one of the prop arms is cracked and bent, and there are several loose parts rattling on the inside. I don't know if I trust the Phantom enough to warrant putting it back together again, so I might use some of the parts in another quad copter build. I guess the phantom had a decent life with 200+ flights, but I think my time as a phantom pilot has come to an end... :cry:

:) I am building a Quad on an X650 frame with a WooKong flight controller, with a goal of long range FPV with a 40min+ flight time.

Peace,
Chuggie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik