Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

PV+ or P2 H3-3D?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by gpauk, Apr 22, 2014.

1. gpauk

So...

Stuck on a boring flight at he weekend I was musing... Couldn't decide on the question below...

Which is the best solution for a long range fpv / aerial photo rig with 3D gimbal...
    If you had to choose would it be Vision plus, or P2 with the H3-3D gimbal and a Gopro?

What do you guys think?

2. BMEWS

i'm in a similar dilemma mate.

For me however I suspect the way to go is P2 and go pro (then can upgrade the camera as and when), I less item to be locked into DJI with and if they bring out a new platform, I wouldn't have to move wholesale to it (compartmentalise the options, so to speak).

Additionally, i'm thinking of an F550 and being able to move gimbal and camera to a different platform for use in conditions that I might not want to fly the Phantom in.

Just gotta figure out what the costs will be.

Bmews

3. Schenso

Problem with the phantom + is that you cant change anything.. I would go for the P2 i think

4. Sledge

I am receiving my P2 H3-3D this week. I ordered the Phantom Pro Pack from aerial media pros, which includes the Futaba 14sg controller...I own a P2V with DE 2x gimbal, but wanted better video and range, using GoPro hero 3 black.

The GoPro H3B has higher quality video than the FC200 on the PV+

It will be an interesting upgrade for sure.

5. gpauk

Yeah, I've been looking over my stills and videos from GoPro vs FC200 -- there's a distinct difference in quality.
    And the range with 2.4GHz control is so much better without needing to faff about with antenna mods....