PV+ crash 2nd time :(

Interesting read about VRS... I had wondered a) why the phantom occasionally wobbled on descent and b) why one or more motors sounded like they were over compensating on descent.

I do use prop guards.. Only had the ol girl for a few weeks so I'll be keeping them on for a bit longer... Would prefer less flight time, more turbulence and the other con's instead of knocking into a tree a falling like a rock :]

Thanks for the tip on moving laterally into the wind on descent as well.

justin00 said:
Interesting read about VRS... I had wondered a) why the phantom occasionally wobbled on descent and b) why one or more motors sounded like they were over compensating on descent.

I do use prop guards.. Only had the ol girl for a few weeks so I'll be keeping them on for a bit longer... Would prefer less flight time, more turbulence and the other con's instead of knocking into a tree a falling like a rock :]

I would get rid of those prop guards. I think you will have a greater chance of something going wrong with them then without them.

sifaka said:
...Would rotating it pull it out of the vortex or is it that once it starts it is a goner?
Sifaka
Only lateral movement can get you out of VRS and into the wind, rotating would probably make it worse making more unstable air to descend into.

RedBaron said:
angelabove said:
Hi PhantomPilots forum, my phantom just crash again after install new gimbals. I did all calibration, compass dance and 8 satellites lock before lift off. It fly fine and I switch to Fail Safe mode until it arrive back to Home Point, it hover then descend. My phantom start acting very weird and crash down on the ground. I dont know what wrong, anyone here know the problem please advice me. Will DJI repair it under warranty? I attach the picture described what happen when it descend.

The same thing happened to me twice. The second time caused a lot of damage. DJI said they would fix it under warranty. I think it might be a bad ESC card, compass or motor but that is just a guess right now. I had over a 100 successful missions when this happened. Do I think your crash was pilot error, NO. My Phantom started acting weird (moving around on its own) and then did a high speed 45 degree angle into the ground.
im 50/50 try to send it to DJI repair center. do you think DJI will repair it for me?

In the absense of video and/or IOSD data as proof demonstrating a fault, I personally think they won't do it under warranty but hey give it a go. They might be kind!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

the only thing i didnt do that day. was not recorded video. I hope DJI can pull data log inside my phantom

angelabove said:
the only thing i didnt do that day. was not recorded video. I hope DJI can pull data log inside my phantom
There is no data log to pull I'm afraid :(

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I had a video to show DJI. Apparently it was enough to get them to fix it. I have since added a 32 gig card and plan to record every flight. If the flight is uneventful, will just delete the file. Otherwise I will have something to show if an accident occurs.

RedBaron said:
justin00 said:

I would get rid of those prop guards. I think you will have a greater chance of something going wrong with them then without them.

Keep the prop guards on if you plan on flying near people or indoors!!
They saved my *** and my bird!!

sifaka said:
This explains one of my P2V+ crashes. It was at about 30m and I started to descend, not fast, but straight down. It was hit by a wind gust which started it rocking back and forth and dropping like a rock and non-responsive to the controls. (at least up down, forward back, and right left). Would rotating it pull it out of the vortex or is it that once it starts it is a goner?

Sifaka
Here's a good training video on helicopter dynamics...VRS starts at about 2:20.
http://youtu.be/LCret4rv0HE
:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik