PV connected with iPad mini

EyeUpHigh said:
djayz said:
This look interesting and not seen that before but I'm finding it a little hard to quiet see how the mount is attached to the transmitter. Do you mind taking a couple of extra clearer photos please? Would help greatly...

The GoPro helmet mount is mounted by adhesive tape. I can see how that would work well on a smooth surface like a helmet but would be a bit concerned about rough and irregular surfaces. In SkyHighDiver's case, he's mounted it right over the raised DJI logo on the controller which is great for center balance but I've got to wonder how forgiving the 3M tape is on that type of surface.
I used the curved mount and it works great have used 9 times now and not a problem
anyone that has tried to remove a GoPro mount pad knows these hold tight once set

Attachments

• IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 423
Geert said:
theSelf said:
hey all- I have this $9.99 Wooden Transmitter Tray w/Neck Strap (Great for FPV) from hobbyking already- yet to put together but might be modifiable to hold the p2v tx and ipad..http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=34157

34157.jpg

what do you think?

It looks nice.
You like to use it for .....?
To mount a normal sized iPad ?
If you just use an iPad mini or smartphone for FPV it is a bit too big I think.

Geert.
I have an ipad mini and/or 8 inch hdmi monitor I could mount (to connect my smart phone directly to via an smartphone to hdmi coverter)- would think it would take either- would say more so that a regular sized ipad would be harder to hold in position on the 'monitor' plate..I don't have the time to experiment with this product currently (even though I have it) but just putting it out there as a possibility..

AliceDoc said:
this setup works well. Has anyone found an
effective sunshade so you can see the iPad mini
in the sun?

Here is my (slightly customized) solution.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 502
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 496
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 531
The Hoodi shade magnets weren't strong enough and didn't hold very well, so I needed to epoxy one edge of the shade to provide a sort of hinge, so it can be folded away when not ended, then I stitched an elastic band to wrap under the mount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 527
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 566
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 505
thought I'd post my ipad mini mounting solution that cost me virtually nothing- just cut out a rigid piece of plastic to shape to fit in the existing stock TX mobile device holder (the black square is just a spare lino floor tile I added to add more rigidity- you could find a more rigid piece of plastic or other material like wood (obviously don't use metallic material), added some velcro and velcro straps and it holds my ipad mini well- additionally I also already had this 8 inch FPV monitor from hobbyking- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... uct=42319- which came with a sun screen shroud that luckily fits around my ipad mini perfectly as well!

here are the pictures-

Also- question- can anyone tell me how to effectively cache the map and satellite views in the ipad for the maps of the anticipated flying area in advance of flying to show up effectively in the 'find my drone' option in the vision software as I have a wifi only ipad mini and not sure how to download the maps whilst in my home internet wifi range..do you do it somehow within the vision app or through google maps, google earth or something else? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20140203_083218_resized_1.jpg
    20140203_083218_resized_1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 465
  • 20140203_083242_resized_1.jpg
    20140203_083242_resized_1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 20140203_082934_resized_1.jpg
    20140203_082934_resized_1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 483
I've just bought the IPad Nootle Tripod mount for my IPad air.
Stupidly I thought it would come with the socket to connect it to the ball joint for the iPhone holder on the remote control.

Can somebody send me the link to what I need to order to connect to the ball joint. Alternatively I might just ditch that Nootle Ipad mount and go for that sucker , but I could do with knowing what to order to connect to the ball joint.

Thanks

Mossie said:
I've just bought the IPad Nootle Tripod mount for my IPad air.
Stupidly I thought it would come with the socket to connect it to the ball joint for the iPhone holder on the remote control.

Can somebody send me the link to what I need to order to connect to the ball joint. Alternatively I might just ditch that Nootle Ipad mount and go for that sucker , but I could do with knowing what to order to connect to the ball joint.

Thanks

This is what some have used. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6P ... UTF8&psc=1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj