PV battery safety

Reaction score
After ordering the Vision, I became aware of the chatter about LiPo batteries, and most concerning was the incidence of catastrophic battery fire issues. When you begin researching the batteries, and reading literature included with the Vision, it all seems to become very important when the batteries will be on the charger in your home- and it might just explode into flames at any second for no reason (of course I am oversimplifying).

Read this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187

MY QUESTION: What precautions are others taking with these batteries?

I have an ammo can to transport, store and charge my battery in, which I believe would arrest an explosion or fire that might occur. I also charge it within sight, and place it in the middle of the floor away from combustibles. After a dozen charges I am seeing charge time of about 1h 50m. Do you think I'm over reacting to safety concerns?

THANKS

I charge on a hard surface, like a kitchen counter-top or similar (not the carpet) and I never leave it unattended. I also keep a small powder extinguisher in the house for general fire safety, I always have done. I check the battery for any swelling before and after charging, and before and after flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj