Putting the Phantom back together

Reaction score
Hello all. This weekend I decided to move all of the extra parts of my phantom (video transmitter, power block for 3s plug, etc) to the inside of my phantom. I took the phantom apart no problem, but got too antsy and unhooked the GPS without looking which way the top of the case was on the unit :cry: . I tried to look on the videos to see if the top went a certain way going back on, but i cant find anything at all. Some videos I see the sticker on top faces the battery door, others it faces the status LED. Now from what I know about GPS, it shouldn't matter, as the compass is what tells orientation. GPS is strictly position. But I was hoping maybe someone here had some experience with this.

I also tried looking at how the wires came out of the velvet pad that holds the GPS antenna into the top, but that is also different per phantom. There are no visible markings on the top to say forward or back or what.

Thank you for any insight you can give me!

-Rob

OK, lets get order to your shell. GPS unit always Must point straight front of aircraf.

1) If you see your top shell 2 arms have 2 paralell "stripes" indeed for put over them the 4 red stickers. Those 2 arms MUST point front of your phantom. That is, battery door is between the 2 arms with red stickers. Watch picts:

Shell-direction.jpg

TopShell-1.jpg

Thank you very much! never thought to look at the stripes like that. I appreciate the very detailed pictures as well. You saved me what could have been a fatal flight!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20