Putting fpv on phantom 2 or buying vision +

Opinions appreciated, especially around pricing

To be honest with you I would not even consider a Vision + but instead go for one of the P3's now that's my opinion.

As for the P2 non-vision prices have come down over the years and right now from www.bhphotovideo.com you buy a P2 with H4-3D gimbal for $399.00. Of course it was designed around the GoPro camera and to fully out fit it with a FPV system would run between say $250 to $350 depending on what manufactures equipment and who you but it from. A complete system consist of a 5.8GHz video transmitter. mini iOSD plug n play and a diversity monitor/receiver.

Repair options should be something to consider if it's your first.
The cost to replace P3 gimbal and camera vs the cost to replace a H4 or H3D gimbal are a bit different.
If you had a bad crash, most I've seen the camera survives but the gimbal is badly damaged, so your replacement costs will be lower. Of course the video from the P3 is a bit better than what you can get with a go-pro H4.
Depends on your budget I guess.

I would personally go for a P3 adv or pro since they are becoming cheaper with the P4 on the market.

P3 standard vs P2 Vision or Vision+ is only an upgrade in resolution for the camera. 1080p vs 2.7K

You wont have the vsion positioning system and the lightbridge range from the adv or pro.

An used P3 pro with a new shell and few batteries would be a nice choice imho.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj