Put the P2V+ in the freezer now video feeed works

Reaction score
Been having trouble losing the video feed on my P2V+ for the last year or so and kept getting worse then finally quit altogether. I put the craft in the freezer for a couple hours today to see if that made a difference. It did and brought back the video feed very well at least while it's still cold. (Had to first wipe the condensation off of the lens)
I'm wondering if drilling cooling holes in the wifi case would alleviate this apparent overheating issue? Mount a miniature cooling fan inside the case? I will buy a new wifi module if necessary but would rather not put any money into the Phantom. Looking to upgrade to Phantom 3 advanced. What's the P2V+ worth on the market without video feed. (The flight information does show up on the mobile screen.)
Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the link, I've been doing a lot of reading. I'm a bit confused by the "shimming" that is mentioned. Are the shims used to minimize the gaps between components and the metal case in addition to then using the heat transfer compound? Any trick method to determining the gap prior to shimming?

Beats me - I own a basic P2V - my model has the wifi module in the camera, not the aircraft. I'm not sure if P2Vs have this problem but I'm not aware of it. You might bump that thread and ask your question.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20