Put in perspective p3p that return home safe,possible?

Reaction score
i wonder if anyone in this group has an educated guess of birds out there that go up an return safely, Someone posted your more likely to see post about problems more so than good, Any thoughts. ( I know the DJI bean counter isn't reading this)
PS
Let's rule out pilot error

My guess is that ~ 98% of the P3s out there are good with no major issues (especially now that 1.1.26 is over). So your likelihood of coming back on any given flight (ruling out pilot error/stupidity) is probably like 99.99%.

I've been flying RC a long time and can't count how many times I've seen people crash because they get disorientated or push the sticks the wrong way. The p3 is really easy to fly but you need a lot of stick time to make your fingers automatically do what the brain wants.

Reactions: Goldni and Fjallis
I should have lost my P3P at least 12 times by now. Mostly due to my stupidity. RTH has saved me each and every time. While I'm sure it is not 100% idiot proof, I can attest to the fact that if you calibrate things correctly (learn what does what and how to fly it) and let the P3 do what it is designed to do, it will come home.

Where you can get into trouble is flying WAY too far downwind so it doesn't know how much battery it takes to get back and doesn't make it. Also, if the RTH altitude is set too low it may fly into something trying to get home.

Reactions: Alex_
There is a video on youtube of an experienced owner flying his inspire 1 behind a block of flats, he forgot to set a higher RTH height, to say he was lucky is an understatement, it missed the building by inches.

My RTH saved me once when I sent it far away and I lost my link to the controller. I set my RTH altitude quite high, and after a few nervous minutes, there it was, hovering over our heads. Thank goodness. I still have to get better at learning how to determine direction(nose orientation) from the map- I just wasn't paying close enough attention to the distance and the nose direction.

I still have to get better at learning how to determine direction(nose orientation) from the map
Try using the radar display .. it's quite intuitive.
It clearly shows where the Phantom is and what way it is facing.
i-JCnD7H2-M.png

There is a video on youtube of an experienced owner flying his inspire 1 behind a block of flats, he forgot to set a higher RTH height, to say he was lucky is an understatement, it missed the building by inches.

this fix is slowly soaking in thanks. us new folks sometimes have to read it a repeated a few times. Thanks to all above

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic