Pursuing a refund - Flyaway not found...

Leon001 can i ask, did you use the auto takeoff function OR did you use the RC to takeoff. I have seen alot of the same thing in Facebook group post with the same type of trajectory (Like a half moon shape flight) and every single one of them they used auto takeoff function. It appears that the Phantom does not release control after the auto takeoff and the only way to recover is to switch to ATTI mode and bring it back without GPS.

I really can't remember. To me, they are just different ways of doing the same thing. I have definitely used the auto take-off in the past and had no problem. I used it exlusively for my first several flights and there was no problem.

So sorry this happened. I absolutely loved flying my Phantom. I loved the aerial shots I could get with it. Nothing could compare. I literally fantasized almost every day about what I could see or take pictures of that would different and captivating from above.

I was super careful and never crashed it but the thought of a flyaway always lingered in the back of my mind. Just knowing that there is nothing I can do to prevent it drove me nuts. I flew it less and less as I always felt like each flight was pushing my luck. Will this be the flight that I'm that guy? Will it finally happen?

It was like having a Ferrari and reading forum messages about how randomly the car might explode like something out of Grand Theft Auto for no reason while your driving it. No insurance or warranty to back it up.

Finally Ebayed my Phanton 2 Vision+. Miss it like hell. :(
I sure as hell DON'T miss the worry about when my thousand dollar drone will become sentient and leave me sitting in my lawn holding my joystick, weeping, wondering what I did to deserve this. Why God? Why did she leave !?
Lol, way to make someone feel better.

Wonder why the drastic voltage drop? Battery fault?

Lol, way to make someone feel better.

Sorry. That's definitely not my intention. I absolutely love the Phantom and the Inspire 1. So amazing. I just wish we could get a real and reliable fix to flyaways.

In all seriousness, best of luck finding her.

Sorry... Thats all Ive got. You might crunch the numbers again and see if you have a better location. I just estimated it.

Reactions: atki
I really can't remember. To me, they are just different ways of doing the same thing. I have definitely used the auto take-off in the past and had no problem. I used it exlusively for my first several flights and there was no problem.

Thanks leon for the reply, sorry this is happened to you, obviously from my point of view i'm trying to look for the common contributor to this problem. I think a fly away like this where user input was not the cause should be replaced immediately by DJI as it's a fault in there product and/or software, hope it works out for you.

First of all, thank you everybody for your interest. I'm really satisfied that my thread hasn't been sitting without a response for days.

I've got two priorities at this point.

1. Trying to find my drone. To that end, what logic led to the prediction that it landed in the area you say @III% Streve ?
2. Having solid evidence to approach DJI with. Does the log show that the home-point was set AND that RTH was activated?

Sorry... Thats all Ive got. You might crunch the numbers again and see if you have a better location. I just estimated it.
No need to be sorry. You're just trying to help and I really, really appreciate it. What was the bottom of the picture you attached? Was that like an inverted power level - the higher the line the lower the power? Thanks

Thanks leon for the reply, sorry this is happened to you, obviously from my point of view i'm trying to look for the common contributor to this problem. I think a fly away like this where user input was not the cause should be replaced immediately by DJI as it's a fault in there product and/or software, hope it works out for you.
If I can't get a resolution then I'll contact my credit card provider. Here in the UK they are jointly liable for faulty goods along with the supplier. So if I have a solid case they will hound DJI or else they'll have to foot the bill themselves. I don't want it to come to that, but I'm in the right here.

Sorry. That's definitely not my intention. I absolutely love the Phantom and the Inspire 1. So amazing. I just wish we could get a real and reliable fix to flyaways.

In all seriousness, best of luck finding her.

Lol. Made me laugh too actually. Just don't go to any funerals! :)

That at the bottom was the altitude profile.. It showed 4 distinct altitude changes.. topping out at the max I noted earlier

First of all, thank you everybody for your interest. I'm really satisfied that my thread hasn't been sitting without a response for days.

I've got two priorities at this point.

1. Trying to find my drone. To that end, what logic led to the prediction that it landed in the area you say @III% Streve ?
2. Having solid evidence to approach DJI with. Does the log show that the home-point was set AND that RTH was activated?

Only problem is your post does not prove that there were no problems regarding Compass and or IMU calibration. Also what did you take off from and or near? Where there potential sources of RF and or magnetic interference?

Only problem is your post does not prove that there were no problems regarding Compass and or IMU calibration. Also what did you take off from and or near? Where there potential sources of RF and or magnetic interference?

I have a log of a successful flight about 5 minutes before this one from the same location. Everything on the app was green and good to go, and I expect the logs to show that.

DJI surely need to show that I did something wrong, rather than I having to prove I did everything right. After all, the app is created by them and it should have all the info they need to make the call.

I crawled all over your 1 minute and 13 second flight and could only find one odd issue. And that was there was no serial number for the battery. As if it could be the wrong one? All else was just fine.

For those who are as inexperienced as me when it comes to viewing the logs, view the below videos that show the flight records for both of yesterday afternoon's flights. The first shows the home-point set and returned to when commanded; the second shows the home-point set and disregarded when commanded, and the drone instead flying off the radar, quite literally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I crawled all over your 1 minute and 13 second flight and could only find one odd issue. And that was there was no serial number for the battery. As if it could be the wrong one? All else was just fine.

Fine in what sense? Lol

EDIT: And that's two comments about the battery now. An earlier poster stated that there was an unusual drop in power based on the log info.

I want to add, I did mean that as a serious question. The "lol" may have implied I was only joking.

From what perspective is it fine? My understanding is that there must have been a malfunction, otherwise the drone would have RTH as commanded. Did you mean calibration was fine?

Thanks

Your last flight was almost doomed from the time it took off. It appears to fly sideways along its path. Assuming this was a compass error. As I noted before the battery voltage is dropping significantly along the flight. I think somebody out there might be able to analyse the flight log more carefully and come up with suggestions. I sincerely hope you can get a satisfactory resolution. Flying and operating a UAV is complex and prone to all sorts of random glitches - it can be fun - extremely satisfying when things go well. When things go pear shape it can also be the most frustrating.

Go Home will not work if the compass data is faulty

Were you recording - have you got cached video on your tablet?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic