Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Purple Photos

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by sblue, Feb 24, 2014.

1. sblue

Hello all - First time poster, been a P2V pilot for about 72 hours. I have a question about the camera. Is it normal for a fair percentage (about 1 in 5) to come out purple, or mostly purple, or at the very least, some kind of noticeable purple line through the middle? I see if on video too when I'm right on the ground, and occasionally when flying around. I have done a search on the forums for purple images, and this is not the "purple hangglider" that several have referenced as being a defective camera.

Attached Files:

2. brushlesheaven

Maybe, just maybe there is a chance the data tape, connector from the lens to the main board inside of your camera got loose?

3. ResevorDG

I have seen problems like this with other cameras but not the FC200. These look like corrupt files to me.

Try formatting your memory card. Sometimes that can be the issue. - Don't use your computer to format. Use the tool inside the phantom app to format.

Let us know if that works.

4. sblue

Formatted the card and checked connections as suggested... went up and flew around for about 10 minutes, took some video and 7 photos.

Of the 7 photos, 3 came out normal. 2 came out with normal color but with the bottom of the photo on the top half of a break, and the top of the photo on the bottom half of the break. The other 2 photos were purple tinted and also exhibited the line/flip flop problem.

I've sent a support request to DJI tonight... see what happens. Thanks all for the replies.

Attached Files:

5. ResevorDG

At this point I would probably say it's a bad camera, but you may want to try one more thing.
    Do you have another micro sd cars? If so, give that a try. I find it odd that it happens on some photos and not others.

I hope you get it all fixed.