Pure Luck ! Didnt come home.

Catalina36 said:
I see you mounted your camera guard above the skids. I stuck mine in the slot of the skids.
That might be a better way.

I will look at it again. I just need to allow room for the clip of Marco Polo.

rrmccabe said:
First I seem to have an issue. I charge batteries to full bars and if they sit a day (or sometimes less) I get three bars or 3 and a blinking. Maybe that's normal.
/quote]
I have 5 batteries, charge them after day of flying and they all still show full charge even weeks later. I know it's not recommended to store them at full charge but they are always ready to use by leaving them charged. Maybe you have defective batteries or charger?

If anything I would guess its the charger although they are 4 solid lights when done. I just wouldn't think that all three suffered from the same issue.

I am going go pay attention to make sure its all 3 that are doing it.

Right now I am running all three of them down to the 8% to be safe.

Truthfully though I really think it was the wind that did me in.

rrmccabe said:
I don't have any way to weigh it but thought I read 4.5 for the pet.

Here is the mounting.

I just tried to look it up again and see weight discrepancies every where I look :) So really dont know the actual weight.

4.5 grams would be very light now that I think about it.

EDIT: Just read this.
collar tags measure approx. 2½” x 1¼” x 1″ and weigh only 1¾.

So that's about 50 grams.
You will need to double up on those zip ties... Mine crashed and all 4 of those zip ties broke right off... i now have thicker ones and 4 on each size... 8 total.

srandall25 said:
You will need to double up on those zip ties... Mine crashed and all 4 of those zip ties broke right off... i now have thicker ones and 4 on each size... 8 total.
The good news is that plate and the breaking of your zip ties absorbed some energy!

I am going to move mine inside the feet tonight and see how it works. It was obviously designed to do that and I missed it.

I am not big on mods but I love the telemetry you have on that thing.
I was also getting into the soundtrack on the return.
How much battery did you have left?

I have to give you props Rich. You made a mistake first time out. Owned up to it and made the necessary corrections. You even took a verbal bashing from some members and it didn't faze you. Keep the videos coming.

Thanks Catalina !

57% left when I sat her down.

No wind tonight :)

After similar close calls from being a smart-*** and not listening to the wise, I now fly with a simple rule of thumb: If I can no longer see it, it's too far away. Even with my flailing eyesight, I usually see it 300m away. That's plenty far and allows me to capture video I need...

The only mods I am running to extend range are FPVLR antennas on the TX. The phantom is untouched.

Rich

Tony there was no sign of giving up. I expect 7000 easy.

Rich,

Nice flight vid. What product did you use for the "dashboard"? Which data logger?

And now a general question. Did you have the camera locked in FPV from the settings panel? If so, does it still allow you to tilt the camera up and down with FPV selected?

Thanks.

pjw73nh said:
Rich,

Nice flight vid. What product did you use for the "dashboard"? Which data logger?

And now a general question. Did you have the camera locked in FPV from the settings panel? If so, does it still allow you to tilt the camera up and down with FPV selected?

Thanks.

I am using Dashware and a Core 2 from Flytrex. I originally ordered a Flytrex Live unit but later cancelled the order because of coverage issues in the US.

I am not running locked in FPV but I did briefly once (by mistake). I still had TILT functions but the video would swing with the phantom tilt and wasn't as smooth of course.

Rich

I am using Dashware and a Core 2 from Flytrex. I originally ordered a Flytrex Live unit but later cancelled the order because of coverage issues in the US.

I am not running locked in FPV but I did briefly once (by mistake). I still had TILT functions but the video would swing with the phantom tilt and wasn't as smooth of course.

Thanks. I am thinking about the same setup, Core 2 and Dashware. I also considered the LIVE. But have the same reservations re coverage.

Do you know of anyone successfully using the "Vision+ Utility app" with Dashware with any degree of success?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision+-utility/id890518291?mt=8

No, sorry I don't know anyone.

I think the whole live deal is going to fall on its face until Flytrex gets 3G or 4G coverage. Once they do that it should be amazing.

You would enjoy the core 2. For $49 its a lot of fun. Not to mention their web application is really nice. I upload all my missions and make notes about it for future reference. These can be set private or public.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.