Purchasing activated P4P+...

Reaction score
Just purchased my 3-rd DJI drone (P4P+) from local hobby store, supposedly brand new. The box was open by store personnel (I was told), but the content didn't show any signs of use or abuse, sealed props included. The unit was up and ready to fly on first power up, with no warnings or issues whatsoever. It turned up that the drone is already activated. Indeed DAT files accessed by DJI Assistant 2 revealed several records made 10 days before purchase. Store management acknowledged my complain, but - since the product is functioning properly as far as I know - there's no reason to demand replacement or return. I was also clearly assured that the warranty is valid from the date of purchase, no matter who, when and why activated the drone on my behalf. One question remains a mystery, however: what is the activation procedure for, really?

The activation procedure is to activate the warranty on the drone. It also starts the time when you can purchase DJI care refresh on it. Since you say it has been 10 days since it was activated, you are past the 48 hour time requirement for DJI care refresh. You can still get it but you would have to submit proof to DJI that there is nothing wrong with the unit. More info in their website.

So you're saying you paid brand new price for an open box merchandise? I would at least demand open box pricing.

I'm sorry to hear about that you seem very experienced with dji products I wonder if you can help me indentify what the vertical black lines I my pre and post footage are I've tried all trouble shooting I can even sent it to dji headquarters they claim it's a transmission issue and I need a new rc but I find this hard to believe?

I'm sorry to hear about that you seem very experienced with dji products I wonder if you can help me indentify what the vertical black lines I my pre and post footage are I've tried all trouble shooting I can even sent it to dji headquarters they claim it's a transmission issue and I need a new rc but I find this hard to believe?
Yes, this is definitely faulty transmission issue, send it for fix.

The activation procedure is to activate the warranty on the drone. It also starts the time when you can purchase DJI care refresh on it. Since you say it has been 10 days since it was activated, you are past the 48 hour time requirement for DJI care refresh. You can still get it but you would have to submit proof to DJI that there is nothing wrong with the unit. More info in their website.

So you're saying you paid brand new price for an open box merchandise? I would at least demand open box pricing.
Yes, I did and get second battery for half price. Do you think this is fair? I smell fish here...

I would check whether the preregistration could lead to problems in the event of a warranty claim....when you register the drone, it's registered to your DJI account -(email and password). So your P4P+ is currently on someone else's account. (Although presumably you have proof of purchase).

I would suggest you to contact dji support.

I would check whether the preregistration could lead to problems in the event of a warranty claim....when you register the drone, it's registered to your DJI account -(email and password). So your P4P+ is currently on someone else's account. (Although presumably you have proof of purchase).
That's correct assumption, I'll make sure it's not a troubling situation. I don't see why DJI can't reassign this drone to my account manually, having a copy of invoice with serial number...

it will link to your account as soon as you fly it through the DJIGo App

This is no different to how the factory refurbs work.

However, I'd plug it into the DJI Assistant and see how many flights it's done, how many times the battery has been charged etc before I got too attached to it.

it will link to your account as soon as you fly it through the DJIGo App

This is no different to how the factory refurbs work.

However, I'd plug it into the DJI Assistant and see how many flights it's done, how many times the battery has been charged etc before I got too attached to it.
Are you sure that's correct? From what you're saying, if I borrow someone else's iPad to fly with, my drone will then be linked to their account and not mine.

yep, if you fly on their version of the app it will record the flight of that drone (by name) on their flight records in the app

I understand that side of it, but I thought that when you originally activate the drone it's registered to your account in DJI records. My comment to the OP was to do with who the drone is registered to as the original owner. Maybe my understanding of that side of the system is wrong o_O

I was led to believe by DJI support that as soon as you fly a drone, it links to your account - I raised the question when I bought a refurbed P3 last year - I still have the flights on my app even though the same drone is now being flown by someone else and DJI transferred the warranty

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj