Purchasing a new tablet

Reaction score
I need help/Recomended devices. I'm favoring the iPad mini 2 with topics I have been reading here on these message boards, it seems to be the popular model. Thoughts?

I need help/Recomended devices. I'm favoring the iPad mini 2 with topics I have been reading here on these message boards, it seems to be the popular model. Thoughts?
Try Phantomhelp.com-- Mike has a listing of devices that will work.

I plan to purchase an iPad mini 2. So let me get this straight, it's probably better not to update say an iPad mini 2 if using it primarily for my P3P?

Also, does it matter whether it's a 16gb or 64gb. I would think that a larger capacity sd card would be the better choice. For the phantom of course.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Also, does it matter whether it's a 16gb or 64gb. I would think that a larger capacity sd card would be the better choice. For the phantom of course.
64MB will give you about 2.5 hours of recording time

I am led to believe with the Apple iPad minis you have to buy the Wi-Fi and cellular for it to work is that correct

I am led to believe with the Apple iPad minis you have to buy the Wi-Fi and cellular for it to work is that correct

You don't need cellular connectivity on any device, but it's a nice to have for two reasons:
  1. It can load the background map/satellite imagery when you have no WiFi coverage. This requires a data plan.
  2. It can use the iPad's GPS for extra features such as follow-me mode. This does not require a data plan -- you get GPS if you have the cellular hardware on the device.
There's really no difference between the iPad and iPad Mini other than size. But, keep in mind that the DJI Go app uses battery relatively quickly, and requires a fair amount of processing power. My iPad Mini 2 is currently fine, but my older iPad Retina won't even run the app-- not enough horsepower. To future-proof yourself, I'd get a newer model (Mini 3 or 4).

Please fly safely and considerately!

Last edited:
You don't need cellular connectivity on any device, but it's a nice to have for two reasons:
  1. It can load the background map/satellite imagery when you have no WiFi coverage. This requires a data plan.
  2. It can use the iPad's GPS for extra features such as follow-me mode. This does not require a data plan -- you get GPS if you have the cellular hardware on the device.
There's really no difference between the iPad and iPad Mini other than size. But, keep in mind that the DJI Go app uses battery relatively quickly, and requires a fair amount of processing power. My iPad Mini 2 is currently fine, but my older iPad Retina won't even run the app-- not enough horsepower. To future-proof yourself, I'd get a newer model (Mini 3 or 4).

Please fly safely and considerately!

great really appreciate your insight and time
russsandy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj