Purchased used PV+

Reaction score
I purchased a used PV+ which supposedly has never been crashed. While reading the instruction manual I noticed that the Anti Drop Kit was incomplete. It only has one of the 2 pins and it is missing both locks. Is it common for these to fall off or do I assume it was crashed? I know the kit is cheap but what should I do? Try for a refund?

It's only supposed to have two pins installed. If you want to ensure it's secure, you can loosely attach plastic zip ties in the other two holes.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 461
msinger said:
It's only supposed to have two pins installed. If you want to ensure it's secure, you can loosely attach plastic zip ties in the other two holes.

Why only two? I just received my brand new P2V+ and put the other two on.

msinger said:

Yes I know. There are 2 that are installed diagonally. But mine came only with one pin installed into one the the four vibration absorbers and no lock washer on the bottom of the pin. So the gimbal can easily fall out in a hard landing. Notice pin in the bottom left corner:

Attachments

• PV.jpg
    PV.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 470
liketogethigh, some people remove the camera for the first couple of flights in case they crash while learning how to fly. So, it could be that or maybe it was crashed and rebuilt.

If needed, you can purchase the anti drop kit parts on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=as_ ... HEWAEEW7OR

Pmcdn said:
Why only two? I just received my brand new P2V+ and put the other two on.
With all four installed, you might notice some vibration in your videos. If not though, then I guess there is no harm with having all of them installed.

Have any of you removed one yet? What's the best way to remove one if needed? Are they "broken" after removal?

They are not reusable. You can cut the pins off with pliers.

The pins are removable without destroying them, but it does make them weaker. To remove, you push the washer down closer to the pin head a bit. This opens up its "jaws", such that you can then slip it off if you do it quickly.

Also, the pins don't always work so well in the first place. Many folks recommend replacing them with loose cable ties (at all 4 corners).

CityZen said:
Also, the pins don't always work so well in the first place. Many folks recommend replacing them with loose cable ties (at all 4 corners).

+1

I removed all the anti-drop pins mine and used a rubber band like a shock absorber.
I know that the inertia from a small crash will cause the camera to dislodge from the press-fit-magnetically held motor. The whiplash effect will tear the ribbon cable. What you want to do is have the gimbal and camera come off and held back by the rubber band. You will probably tear 4 dampeners and damage the 4-pin clip cable that comes from the phantom to the gimbal. These are easier and cheaper to obtain and install than the ribbon cable.

Invest in an inertia gimbal guard.

Thanks everyone for the advise. At this point I think it would be best to add 4 zip ties. I think those will hold up better than the anti drop kit during a crash. I am just upset that the seller would sell the PV+ in this condition.

CityZen said:
The pins are removable without destroying them, but it does make them weaker. To remove, you push the washer down closer to the pin head a bit. This opens up its "jaws", such that you can then slip it off if you do it quickly.

Give this man a +1 :D I can never understand why people cut them off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj