Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Re: Has anyone purchased the Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glas

Mine are on the Fed-Ex truck scheduled for delivery today. :geek:

I saved 10% using the code REGC4 so the cost was $629

I HOPE THEY ARRIVE EARLY! It's a great day to fly....

Jimmy

I just bought them from Pre launch via Amazon using Shipito forwarding company. It said one left and after my purchase, showed zero stock. Might have been lucky to get the last one for the moment.

I had originally ordered mine from Pre-Launch on eBay. When there was still no tracking info updated after 7 days, I went to Epson.com and bought one. I tried to cancel my order via Pre-Launch yesterday, but was told it already shipped. Then I rec'd the tracking. (The postage was purchased yesterday but tracking showed no activity.) Today, the tracking shows it was received by the post office.

Pre-Launch is dishonest. Too bad. They would have rec'd a lot more of my business.
Jimmy

Is there any way to get them to work with 5.8 ghz? Maybe a Video In jack somewhere?

LadyKate,

I haven't yet seen a way to connect it other than wifi or Bluetooth. So at this time it will only work with the Vision or V+ at 2.4

Jimmy

Got my glasses on Friday. Charged them up. Turned them on this morning to find the Moverio market app is not loaded. I have a ticket open with Epson and am waiting on a reply. I load the phantom app from a link in the group. The video seems good and it linked up well. Overall the main problem seems to be no market app. I went to the play store and many apps are not compatible with this device. So right now if you can't side load it you are adding any apps. Hope to hear from them soon and I will update.

I have 2 flights in today. Love the display. I am using the older version of the app and had no problems at all. They are very nice to framing the image when shooting. I have fatsharks on my 350 qx and they are ok. These are great. I love being able to see thru the image.

gadgetman299 said:
I have 2 flights in today. Love the display. I am using the older version of the app and had no problems at all. They are very nice to framing the image when shooting. I have fatsharks on my 350 qx and they are ok. These are great. I love being able to see thru the image.

I guarantee I will get one of these when an adapter is available for 2.4 ghz. I hate the Fatsharks but still want what they do. This seems like such a great appliance for us.

I guarantee I will NOT get one of these when an adapter is available for 2.4 ghz, nor 5.8 ghz or any ghz.... its too PRICIEST to me :|

mtpisgah said:
I guarantee I will NOT get one of these when an adapter is available for 2.4 ghz, nor 5.8 ghz or any ghz.... its too PRICIEST to me :|

Yep - they sure are expensive. But the airframe I will be using them on costs 10 times what the glasses cost. It is all relative.

ladykate said:
mtpisgah said:

Yep - they sure are expensive. But the airframe I will be using them on costs 10 times what the glasses cost. It is all relative.

$7,000 airframe ? ...WOW, thats out of my league. i hope you show us some pictures of that airframe set up. :roll:

mtpisgah said:
ladykate said:
mtpisgah said:

$7,000 airframe ? ...WOW, thats out of my league. i hope you show us some pictures of that airframe set up. :roll:

Look under Multi-Rotors. There are several builds going on in that class. Here is mine: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10744

Right now it is coming in at $5000 but I need to add a dslr and gimbal. So... yep, 7K by the time the fat lady quits singing. Oh... and two crashes. :shock:

gadgetman299 said:
Got my glasses on Friday. Charged them up. Turned them on this morning to find the Moverio market app is not loaded. I have a ticket open with Epson and am waiting on a reply. I load the phantom app from a link in the group. The video seems good and it linked up well. Overall the main problem seems to be no market app. I went to the play store and many apps are not compatible with this device. So right now if you can't side load it you are adding any apps. Hope to hear from them soon and I will update.

Same here Gadg - No app. for the market place.

Jimmy

Update. Received an E-mail from Epson. The app market will be available via update in the next couple weeks.

gadgetman299 said:
Update. Received an E-mail from Epson. The app market will be available via update in the next couple weeks.

It's great being an early adopter :D

Just caved and placed an order with Epson. Didn't want to pay the $29 for 2-day, so it's coming ground. I'm on the east coast, so with my luck it will ship from California and won't make it here in time for the weekend.

Thanks for the email update from Epson.

So far so good.

I was able to download the Vision app to the glasses yesterday. You need to go directly to the APK file using the BT-200's browser and pointing it to http://m.dji.net/djivision

Also, you need the BT-200's to allow for "non-market app installation" as this setting is off by default. With this setting off you can only install app's from the non-existent Moverio Marketplace!

Raining today, otherwise I'd fly. Bummer.

Jimmy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik