Purchased my Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
Good morning. My name is Gary Burtt living in Colorado Springs. I am new to the drone world but not new to photography. I am excited about learning all there is about the P3P. I welcome any hints, tricks, good sites to view, good videos to watch that will help.

Read the manual about five times. I would also take a look at subscribing to Phantom Filmschool.

Welcome to the forum Gary .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the forum Gary .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks, I am sure that I will have lots of questions.....

Good morning. My name is Gary Burtt living in Colorado Springs. I am new to the drone world but not new to photography. I am excited about learning all there is about the P3P. I welcome any hints, tricks, good sites to view, good videos to watch that will help.

Go to an open field to practice for a while. Learn how to fly in atti mode which is where you have no gps and you are the only controlling aspect on the drone. If you lose gps for whatever reason it will swap to atti mode and you should know how to control it. Theres a bit of a difference. I need to get out to an open field myself and practice with atti mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Go to an open field to practice for a while. Learn how to fly in atti mode which is where you have no gps and you are the only controlling aspect on the drone. If you lose gps for whatever reason it will swap to atti mode and you should know how to control it. Theres a bit of a difference. I need to get out to an open field myself and practice with atti mode.

Yes I do plan on doing a lot of practice flights in all different modes. Last night I watched a bunch of the tutorials on the DJI site. Going to digest the users manual today during slow times at work. The weather is going to force me to keep the bird in the hangar for a week or so. I also have an experienced pilot that has offered to do some training with me.

Yes I do plan on doing a lot of practice flights in all different modes. Last night I watched a bunch of the tutorials on the DJI site. Going to digest the users manual today during slow times at work. The weather is going to force me to keep the bird in the hangar for a week or so. I also have an experienced pilot that has offered to do some training with me.

That's perfect. It's quite the machine once you get going.

Is there a way to do a search in this forum? Would like to touch base with other pilots in the Springs area.
Join the Phantom Filmschool Facebook page. There is a guy named Dave Beightol in central Colorado that flies a Phantom and takes amazing videos.

Welcome!

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers