Purchased my P3S today

The thing with rth is, if rth is activated within 60 feet of home point, rth just lands the craft where it is. And if the craft is in rth mode more than 60 feet away and you try to manually land without turning off rth, the craft will sometimes, just as you are about to touch down, shoot up into the air to the rth set height and try to rth. which can be inconvenient and can cause you to panic, thinking it is a flyaway.

The Dji-Go app is slightly different for the Standard than it is with the Adv and Pro. For instance, on the A/P versions you can see and even select best radio channel. On the standard it just shows you Good or Poor quality radio. Not the channels. And you can not select. So the app can tell which craft you are using, obviously. Because it is the same app for the inspire as well.

I wish the Litchi app did work on the standard, because it supposedly does work with the google cardboard app, which Dji-Go does not.

Hey Guys, Just ordered one myself, from Amazon, the Standard w/ an extra battery. First RC vehicle of any kind for me, so, well, we'll see how this goes ;-)

Next up, some kind of a tablet purchase, and since I've never had any experience with Apple products, I'm leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32 gb.

Have been watching YT's and been reading this forum, and absolutely plan on flying responsibly.

One quick question: You hear people talking about "sadly watching the bird fly away" (to some unpleasant doom I assume) but I thought the failsafe RTH is supposed to kick in if transmission from the controller is lost. Is that not always the case?

btw- any links to 'great read' threads, or 'good watch' YT's would be appreciated. Thanks
You might try the actual Dji website forums as well.

Hey everyone, just a quick update. I took a quick first flight over the weekend. Everything is working well from what I can tell and I am learning more about the app features. Here is a quick video I took. I know it's not that great but wanted to share regardless. :D

Added some reminders on my RC with a label maker.
image.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod
Can someone help with video editing? I have a Dell laptop and today I took a quick flight and got a 6 minute or so video. My computer was setup to run quicktime as the default player. When I would play a video it is real choppy, this was after saving it to the computer. The file is .MOV format but trying to change it to play in Windows Movie Maker or Media player would not work. I downloaded the VLC media player after seeing good reviews (over 65 million downloads) on CNET. It plays the video just fine but I need the ability to open it in MovieMaker so I can do some simple editing. Can anyone offer some help with why this isn't working?

Thanks!

Ok, I figured out that I needed a codec program to convert the .MOV files. It worked and now I can open that file with Movie Maker. It's still quite choppy video though. Any ideas on that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik