Purchase from DJI "store"

Reaction score
After hearing about the new improved Phantom 2, I decided to order one from DJI directly from their website... I provided the appropriate Credit Card info and was told to provide a copy of my drivers license etc. etc. etc ??? Has anyone else had an issue with DJI on a credit card purchase? I would like to purchase one of the updated Phantoms for the $579.00 price, but what the hell is up? Having never purchased from China, is this common practice? Thanks, Rod.

I haven't purchased from the DJI Store, but I do purchase from China on a regular basis. I have NOT to this point been required provide DL info however, I have had to notify my bank and CC company to open China transactions in my account. Seems like too much personal info on the DL as a requirement for purchase. I would be interested in their reasoning behind that requirement before I shared that with anyone. When you find out more, please update us here.

As a victim of identity theft, I would not post a photo of my drivers license to the internet, regardless of who was asking.

China? My DJI Store purchase came from California.

After my refusal to provide the requested information, I asked for my order to be cancelled and my Credit Card information be deleted. DJI China complied... Is there a U.S.A. retailer who has these "updated" Phantom 2's in stock? Thanks!

Never heard of such a thing. I've ordered 3 times from them and never been asked for my DL. But then again it might be cause I pay with PayPal.

I was going to go with PayPal but I decided that a Credit Card may provide a better recourse if things went ///ways. I'll just pay the extra when they become the "new" Standard Phantom. Thanks for all the replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4