Punta Cana guys check it out!!

wish I could view your link at work but im sure its awesome! how was flying there?
plane traveling issues?
what did you use for FPV? ipad? if so, did you connect to wifi to grab your map information?
how far were you from airports?
do they have any other restrictions there? resort issues?

will be traveling there within a month for a few days.

Thanks!

I have a couple questions:

1. How did you travel with your Drone? Luggage? Carry-on?
2. Are there any restictions flying your drone? I will be traveling to Aruba later this month and don't know how they'll react.

Great vid by the way. . .

I have a couple questions:

1. How did you travel with your Drone? Luggage? Carry-on?
2. Are there any restictions flying your drone? I will be traveling to Aruba later this month and don't know how they'll react.

Great vid by the way. . .

I traveled with my drone as a carry on in the hard shell back pack. Brought 4 batteries with me all down to 30% and put tape over the terminals. I also brought lipo bags just in case I needed them but was never told to put them in the lipo bags. Just kept the batteries in the case. You cannot check the Drone just keep that in mind. As for restrictions the DR does require you register it but I wasn't able to confirm if this is just for residents. Their laws on this we very vague that being said security at the resort never bothered me and all ever I got was "thats cool!" when I flew it. You should be fine keep your FAA registration on you just in case someone wants to challenge you. And have a blast such cool things to see there.

Reactions: nunes18
wish I could view your link at work but im sure its awesome! how was flying there?
plane traveling issues?
what did you use for FPV? ipad? if so, did you connect to wifi to grab your map information?
how far were you from airports?
do they have any other restrictions there? resort issues?

will be traveling there within a month for a few days.

Thanks!

I used wifi to preload the maps or just flew without them. One guest at the hotel got upset I was flying so I just stopped flying and went and ate. Never had a problem after that. I was pretty far from the airport so no worries there. All I would say is watch out for the tour helos they fly pretty low.

I traveled with my drone as a carry on in the hard shell back pack. Brought 4 batteries with me all down to 30% and put tape over the terminals. I also brought lipo bags just in case I needed them but was never told to put them in the lipo bags. Just kept the batteries in the case. You cannot check the Drone just keep that in mind. As for restrictions the DR does require you register it but I wasn't able to confirm if this is just for residents. Their laws on this we very vague that being said security at the resort never bothered me and all ever I got was "thats cool!" when I flew it. You should be fine keep your FAA registration on you just in case someone wants to challenge you. And have a blast such cool things to see there.

Thank you so much llyons. Really appreciate the advice.

did anyone get a DR permit to fly first??? is it enforced???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4