Pulling down left stick to shut off motors

Reaction score
I understand many people have made a bad choice and engaged CSC mid air (both sticks down at an angle) with devastating consequences.

What about if you are mid flight and hold the left stick down (which is to shut off motors on landing) when you are descending- will that also cause the bird to shut down mid flight to a devastating end?

I understand many people have made a bad choice and engaged CSC mid air (both sticks down at an angle) with devastating consequences
Although it gets talked about a lot in forums, only a small number have done that.
This is because it just isn't a position that you are going to encounter in normal flight.
What about if you are mid flight and hold the left stick down (which is to shut off motors on landing) when you are descending- will that also cause the bird to shut down mid flight to a devastating end?
Popular misconception that comes up frequently.
DJI designers who are smart enough to design the P3 are smart enough that they would not have it crash when you descend for >3 secs.
The manual doesn't suggest anything like that. Here's what it does say
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.
That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT stop the motors in flight.

No, because it will be descending as you've pulled the left stick toward you. The motors will only shut off after 3 seconds of non-descending altitude, on other words on the ground.

Thanks guys detailed and informative answers, my palms won't be as sweaty the next time I want to descend quickly [emoji4]

Fly with confidence, she won't power off till she is safely landed. CSC in the air is hard to do to. Accidently hitting that position in flight momentarily doesn't shut her down, take a little delay before they shut down and moving the stick inflight are not normally held long enough to in that position. The software take that into account. Crashes have been blamed on CSC shutdown where as it was in most cases other hardware issues. When one really doesn't know we have a tendency to blame something don't we.

If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.

where did they get the number 33 seconds?

i'm a little confused about this.

You could hold the left stick down for 133 seconds or whatever number you like.
Just making it clear that it won't shut off in flight whether you hold down for 3 secs or more.

ok.

i was just making sure.

thanks.

Yeah some of the CSC stories I can't seem to fathom when you would want to descend quickly and yaw one way or the other, but I find myself wanted to to descend quickly often so great info thanks again.

Yeah some of the CSC stories I can't seem to fathom when you would want to descend quickly and yaw one way or the other, but I find myself wanted to to descend quickly often so great info thanks again.
Full right or left yaw, while ascending or descending, shows off a little pizazz!! :cool:

Reactions: arrankeady
that is the only way i land it.
left stick down.
little at a time.

Although it gets talked about a lot in forums, only a small number have done that.
This is because it just isn't a position that you are going to encounter in normal flight.

Popular misconception that comes up frequently.
DJI designers who are smart enough to design the P3 are smart enough that they would not have it crash when you descend for >3 secs.
The manual doesn't suggest anything like that. Here's what it does say
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT stop the motors in flight.
But my phantom has just fell out the sky by me descending with just left stick

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj