Pulling all the way down on throttle turns it off?

Reaction score
If I pull all the way down on just the throttle (left toggle) for even 2 seconds, it turns the motors off.. Is this normal? I thought I had to pull down on both to do this. This seems very dangerous. Am I missing something? I just got this about 5 hours ago.

37train5k said:
If I pull all the way down on just the throttle (left toggle) for even 2 seconds, it turns the motors off.. Is this normal? I thought I had to pull down on both to do this. This seems very dangerous. Am I missing something? I just got this about 5 hours ago.
There are several ways to shut the motors down including down on just the left stick.

Does this happen if it is in the sky or just if it is on the ground? It seems like this is an easy way to crash it while trying to descend from a high flight.

I ask the same question a while back, the answer is the drone knows it's in the air so pulling it down will not turn the motors off, it knows when its on the ground so then it will turn off.

If your on the ground it will shut down the motors after 3 seconds. Won't shut down if you do it while flying. If your do a csc it will shut down in the air.

If the Phantom detects it's not losing altitude anymore (aka it's on ground now), it will shut down after three seconds when you bottom out the left stick all the way for that long.

This won't happen mid-air though so don't worry. If you're a little weary about it, just throttle down like 90% max and it should come down without motors shutting off. :lol:

I know it won't shut off mid-air because while hand-catching it, it still detects the tiny altitude changes as my arms have trouble keeping still and hesitates to shut down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic