Pulled the trigger

Reaction score
Just had do it. After several weeks feeling the necessity of owning a bird just today bought a new 2 with a zenmuse gimbal. Planning to learn first how to feel comfortable using the quad and eventually add the gimbal and a gopro. Just posting this to salute everyone in the forum, that ultimately are responsible for my decision of acquiring a phantom. For now will continue to read and learn as much as possible and hoping to receive she in a week or less. Thanks.

Welcome to the club! I did a ton of reading here and still ended up buying a phantom lol. Seven flights in and can't be happier.

I too just recently purchased a P2 with the H3-3D gimbal to use with my GoPro 3+ black. It has yet to arrive, but expecting it within the next day. I have been doing nothing but reading and watching and learning while I have been waiting for it to arrive. Unfortunately I found this site after the fact I ordered, but none the less, I am satisfied that I made the right decision. I am glad I came across this site, have learned so much already. Once my copter arrives tomorrow, I am off to BC for 2 wks holidays and will be able to dedicate lots of time to learning the ropes and becoming a good pilot and hope to return with some decent footage. Cheers

same here, recently purchased a p2 with h3-3d, gopro 3+ black, avl58, flytrex and iosd mini :)

im expecting mine for the next week, thursday, and the accesories in a couple weeks which is fine because ill be cautions and learn to fly without accesories. in the mean time im still reading and watching every youtube video. im a little bit worried because i have nowhere to practice, ill explain.

i've seen a lot of maiden flights in farms with acres and acres of free space (no trees, no buildings, no nothing) i live in a big city with no free spaces, and even though there are a lot of parks they are full of trees, so im just looking for a parking lot where ill be able to practice.

phantomi said:
Just had do it. After several weeks feeling the necessity of owning a bird just today bought a new 2 with a zenmuse gimbal. Planning to learn first how to feel comfortable using the quad and eventually add the gimbal and a gopro.

I like your attitude of getting used to it first. Its such a buzz when you 1st get airborne.

You will probably 'shake like a shitting dog' the first time which will not help :lol:

Looking forward to your first shared video and enjoy your hols..

Thanks for the welcome. I don't remember to be reading and studying something so much as what I am doing now to learn about this thing. YouTube and this forum are for now the pages I'm stick in when in my laptop at home, and even at the desktop at work. I feel good about the choice of the phantom 2-gimbal combo because it let me upgrade at my pace. I even don't have a GoPro but after some weeks flying the bird surely will begin my quest for one. That will give me another studying theme. And laaater an FPV system for sure. And yes, if I shake a little to pull the trigger, definitively will shake like a shitting dog when move up that left magic wand for the first time. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj