Pull-out shot not easy

Kc2

Reaction score
I like the zooming out shot flying my bird away and high (i.e. left stick up, right stick down) while having the camera pointing at a subject. But I find it hard to maintain the subject in the center of the screen. Also it's very risky to back out through some trees.

Is there a easy way to do it? I am thinking maybe reversing way points?

Last edited:
POI? with previously flown waypoints.

Sorry, why setting speed to zero?
And how does POI works with waypoints?
Setting speed to zero allows you to control speed. Pull/push right stick for desired speed and movement. POI's focus the camera where ever the point is set while the drone moves along the way point path. This keeps the drone moving along a known path so you can concentrate moving the camera.

I made two videos showing a zero speed poi example:
YouTube
YouTube

Setting speed to zero allows you to control speed. Pull/push right stick for desired speed and movement. POI's focus the camera where ever the point is set while the drone moves along the way point path. This keeps the drone moving along a known path so you can concentrate moving the camera.

Thanks for explaining. It works!

Just a bit imperfect is that waypoints only record facing directions but not camera pitch. Hopefully some future firmware upgrade will add that. For now, I don't need to worry about hitting trees already so much better.

I like the zooming out shot flying my bird away and high (i.e. left stick up, right stick down) while having the camera pointing at a subject. But I find it hard to maintain the subject in the center of the screen. Also it's very risky to back out through some trees.

Waypoints, make one at the upper elevation and distance, the other your lower elevation and distance, set your speed, and fly it, works perfectly.

Litchi has a focus mode, when used it keeps the camera positioned on the subject (can be set to a POI or the mobile device) so as you move away and up the camera will adjust to keep you in the view of the camera, you can set the height to whatever height you are, all you need to do is control the away and up motion.

Last edited:
Reactions: tyknows
Practice using your thumb to operate throttle and rudder while your finger is on the gimble control wheel.

I'm with "With The Birds" as you should be able to do this manually fairly easily. If not then just practice until you can. Being able to fly your AC proficiently is something that will make your work look better all the way around.

Also it's very risky to back out through some trees.
If it's too risky to do it by hand then I don't know I'd trust our "hobby grade" GPS to be accurate enough to navigate through the trees. Your eyes are much more precise than our GPS.

There could be a time when you need to do this "on the fly" and using an Ap won't help.

Just my 2 cents :)

Reactions: Numone
I've done this loads of times, It's pretty basic flying actually. Great to reverse the footage and it looks like you're flying in towards the object. There's a Crimean War cannon overlooking a river in town, I started off with the phantom close in looking down the barrel and flew away and up; reversing it made for a good clip.

Thanks all for replying. So multiple options I could go for.
BigAI07 has a point. GPS position can be very off. My experience of GPS inaccuracy could be as big as 4 meters. I will keep that in mind when setting waypoints. :)

Do it manually. Its hard at first but if you practice regularly I think it will be easy for you. You make look at this channel. He have a lot of pull out shots if you need inspitation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl